Talk

Advanced search

Flea and Worm Treatment - Indoor Cat

(7 Posts)
MrsTeller Fri 14-Apr-17 09:21:13

Would you give flea and worm treatment to an indoor cat?

I wonder if I'm just exposing her to unnecessary chemicals with flea and worm treatment. She's in a healthy pet club and it's all part of the package, I'm considering cancelling the membership and just paying for her booster as it's needed. She needs the booster for when she goes to the cattery.
We have a dog but no other cats.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 14-Apr-17 11:44:22

I do, but I must confess I'm
Not very regular with it. Mine go into the back garden only. They are long haired so would be a nightmare if the picked up fleas!

Toddlerteaplease Fri 14-Apr-17 11:45:41

I looked at pet clubs but decided that I wouldn't t get my monies worth from one.

cozietoesie Fri 14-Apr-17 13:35:07

I give them treatment - although maybe not as frequently as an outside-going cat. (Homes are not sealed environments and it's fairly easy for blighters to be tracked inside: I've had an indoor cat who had a flea.)

I wouldn't dose at sufficient frequency to make a pet club worthwhile, though.

MrsTeller Fri 14-Apr-17 19:52:41

Thanks

Allergictoironing Sat 15-Apr-17 07:51:55

I have indoor cats & the rescue recommended that I just flea & worm them once a year unless I notice anything. They had their annual MoT with the vet recently & he said that's a reasonable approach.

I do visit houses that have outdoor cats, and many of the local cats come into my garden, so you never know what you might track into the house.

TupperwareTat Sat 15-Apr-17 07:56:59

I do it monthly with the pet plan thing we have. £10 a month, that includes flea/worm/jabs.

She wanders to the end of the drive & back.

I just remain in fear of the time I had to call in pest control at our old house. They were absolutely everywhere.

We had to vacate the house for 12 hours, it was awful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now