Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To go to the vets tonight or try and find a vet tomorrow?

(20 Posts)
chocolateinmylife Thu 13-Apr-17 20:59:47

My cat is normally a very chatty little boy who loves his treats and his routine! Every night without fail he would come home and have his dreamies ( if we don't put dreamies down straight away he walks under your feet and meows and meows and doesn't leave you alone!)

Tonight he didn't come home, so I called him and called him and nothing! ( in the day he is allowed in the conservatory only and not the house as he brings things in!) I happened to look in the conservatory and found him sat there.. he was cold, quiet ( he hasn't meowed happily once) so I picked him up and he let out the most painful meow! He wiggled to get down so I put him on the floor and he limped across the room! On further inspection he also has white paint going up his tail! I touched his tail to see what it was and he wiggled away from me.. I have been able to rub my hands gently over all of his paws and he didn't react but again did meow when I picked him up to help him on the sofa ( again painful) I can't pin point where he is in pain but he limps and meows when I pick him up ( as if in pain) and isn't interested in his dreamies during everything going on he been able to jump on the chair but isn't his normal self

It's typical it's good Friday tomorrow!

What should I do?!

idril Thu 13-Apr-17 21:02:36

I would go tonight.

Freezingwinter Thu 13-Apr-17 21:03:17

He is cold?? Get him to a vet right away.

LittlePigLittlePigLetMeIn Thu 13-Apr-17 21:04:08

Vets tonight.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Thu 13-Apr-17 21:13:20

I would definitely take him tonight.

I hope he's ok OP.

DumbledoresApprentice Thu 13-Apr-17 21:18:44

If take him now. Hope he's OK. flowers

Girliefriendlikesflowers Thu 13-Apr-17 21:18:56

I wonder if he has been hit by a car sad the paint might be from the road, can you see if his claws are sore?

Def ring the vets for advice, they will tell you if he needs to go in but if you are worried push for him to be seen.

DumbledoresApprentice Thu 13-Apr-17 21:19:03

I'd not if

Toddlerteaplease Thu 13-Apr-17 21:41:36

Please take him to the vet now. My cat was quiet and cried when I picked her up. She had pancreatitis
. If I'd not taken her that night she'd have been dead by morning. It was a very close call and she survived but was critically ill for several days. She went down hill extremely quickly.

Weedsnseeds1 Thu 13-Apr-17 22:06:58

The quiet and withdrawn is more of a worry than shouting and fussing. If you can get emergency vet, then take him.

Toddlerteaplease Thu 13-Apr-17 22:23:05

I knew there was something wrong with Snorg I saw she was still in the same place she'd been in the morning and didn't run when I picked her up. Cat's hide their pain really well so please please find an emergency vet tonight. Hope you are already there.

Handbaghag Thu 13-Apr-17 22:24:37

Please let us know how you get on OP X

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 13-Apr-17 22:28:31

I'd ring & ask advice, pets at home vets are open at the weekends too, usually a queue of animals who know how to time an accident.

He sounds in a lot of pain.

chocolateinmylife Fri 14-Apr-17 14:09:45

Hello everyone,

I took him in and it looks like he has just a sore leg ( isn't broken or anything thank goodness!) he isn't limping as bad today which is good but still very quiet and still isn't waking 100% .

I had a knock at the door this morning and a lady was stood there and informed me that she heard her neighbour ( they both live behind me) shouting loudly so she looked out to find him being rather unkind to my cat ( explains everything now they are also in the process of redecorating and building an extension) she came around to check if my cat was okay and said she felt awful not doing anything at the time as the family are awful and rather nasty!

I have no idea what I should do now as I can't stop my cat wondering ( he is very adventurous) but I know that family hate cats! I hope it's put my cat going off to their garden .,.

What should I do about the man? RSPCA? police? Or what else can I do? I can't confront him myself as he is well known in the area for his temper.

thecatneuterer Fri 14-Apr-17 14:43:57

Look into cat-proofing your garden so he can't get out of it.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 14-Apr-17 14:47:50

Hopefully he'll pop a blood vessel one day if he's mean to animals. What a bastard.

I would look into cat proofing ASAP & plant some cat nip for him. Has your garden got plants he can snooze under & a bird feeder?.

chocolateinmylife Fri 14-Apr-17 14:55:45

Yes I have a large garden and he loves to relax under the pergola and keep his eye the bird feeder!

I am definitely going to put up higher fences after yesterday.. at the moment he doesn't want to go out / go far ( think he is still a little sore and also nervous) but he is just a vile man!

DumbledoresApprentice Fri 14-Apr-17 14:57:07

Do you think the neighbour hurt the cat? Or do you think your cat has gone into the house and hurt himself knocking something over and the neighbour has chased out the already injured cat? A house where building and decorating is going on is full of things that could injure or poison a cat. I think the safest thing to do is to cat-proof your garden as TCN suggested.

witwootoodleoo Fri 14-Apr-17 15:04:43

You need actual cat proofing rather than just high fences. We've done a couple of gardens now and it's excellent. I've tried a few systems but have found this one to be the least visually intrusive and most flexible for fitting rounds trees etc. The lady that runs it is super helpful too.

I would worry too much for my cats with a known cruel neighbour otherwise sad

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 14-Apr-17 18:05:08

We've just cat proofed our garden and although Harry had the hump at first posts like this make me glad we've done it. DH did ours and it doesn't look too bad for a first attempt.

I hope your poor cat is ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now