Talk

Advanced search

Cat spraying after having a litter , not sure what to do!

(10 Posts)
HalfShellHero Wed 12-Apr-17 19:39:14

Shes never sprayed before , what can be done to prevent her keep doing it? My DH is getting increasingly incensed and tbh I'm starting to get frustrated now...any advice much appreciated.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 12-Apr-17 20:30:21

Neuter her. Unneutered animals don't spray as much, if ever.

gamerchick Wed 12-Apr-17 20:32:03

Is she booked in for neutering?

HalfShellHero Wed 12-Apr-17 21:21:22

Sorry I didn't say shes still feeding kittens when they are older we are definitely spaying. Just trying to avoid the house being damaged by constant spraying confused

RubbishMantra Wed 12-Apr-17 21:36:38

Are you keeping her indoors until the spaying OP, to avoid another pregnancy?

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 12-Apr-17 21:39:39

When can you wean the kittens?. I'd ring the vet and ask advice because if it's a urine infection feeding might be too much for her.

HalfShellHero Wed 12-Apr-17 22:32:04

I'm starting now but there 4 weeks and its a gradual thing, okids thanks fluffy shes weeing n pooing in her box but overnight I think she's doing it and you cone down inthe morning and it stinks angry

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 13-Apr-17 07:56:31

It's not the kittens is it?.

Either way you've got to ring the vets for advice because she's a nursing mum.

You can buy ultra violet torches off eBay, turn the light off at night and any wee will glow under the uv. There quite cheap.

RubbishMantra Fri 14-Apr-17 18:28:01

Are you keeping the cat flap locked at night? Cats come into season quickly after having a litter, so she may attract some unwanted attention from the local un-neutered tomcats. She's probably spraying at an attempt to keep kittens safe from intruders.

Try a Feliway plug in to help keep her calm as well.

HalfShellHero Mon 17-Apr-17 10:04:43

We have no flap rubbish, im assuming it's her but I will be investing in some better cat litter aswell as she's eating more shes going more , although weaning the kittens should correct some of that soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now