We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Will this just encourage more climbing?

(4 Posts)
EachandEveryone Wed 12-Apr-17 09:32:40

I have a fire escape. My aim is to have one of those funky New York urban fire escape gardens but my out look will be a bunch of car mechanics still I can dream. The baby is making her way through the railings and jumping onto a garage it's quite a drop and then running under the fire escape and coming up the other side. It's making me grey. Shall I just stop looking? Or will this kind of wiring just encourage her to go higher?

EachandEveryone Wed 12-Apr-17 09:36:53

Bloody hell looks like it posted twice

Kiroro Wed 12-Apr-17 16:20:26

She'll be able to climb that . Cats son't like overhanging wire - so I would build up the height of the wire sufficiently so she can't jump over it, than do a dog leg in.

I used rolls of this
www.diy.com/departments/blooma-pvc-coated-steel-wire-netting-l10m-w1m/190779_BQ.prd

For a cheap and temporary enclosure you could use the mesh netting, zip ties, garden canes, wire, and those garden cane connector things to make an enclosure.

EachandEveryone Wed 12-Apr-17 17:11:34

I cant have an enclosure as its a fire stair way and i dont think the cats next door would thank me, i just dont want her jumpig through that side. I think some kind of screen might work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now