Talk

Advanced search

Cat went missing fearing the worst

(21 Posts)
teabagsmummy Tue 11-Apr-17 20:15:27

My cat hasn't been seen since I went to bed on Sunday night. I was out all day on Monday so didn't notice till teatime his food hadn't been touched. This is totally out of character for him he is in and out all day.
I've had the neighbours check outhouses and I've been out several times searching for him. He doesn't stray far from back garden. Do you think he's dead?

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 11-Apr-17 20:26:19

Hopefully not. A lot of people will have had sheds open on Sunday so he might be trapped in one of those.

Have you leafleted the area & put it on your local Facebook spotted page?.

Trustyourself2 Tue 11-Apr-17 20:38:12

Cats often take themselves off on little excursions. Maybe he has 2 homes, as well? One of my cats sometimes comes home with a faint wiff of perfume about her. Hope he's home with you soon.

Passthebiscuit Tue 11-Apr-17 20:41:29

Can you leave some bedding / litter out so the scent can help him if he's a bit lost? Mine went missing for ten days then came back looking grubby so we think he was shut in a shed. With the nice weather people have prob been gardening. Go out in the eve / early morning to call his name and as its quiet you might hear him

TheoriginalLEM Tue 11-Apr-17 20:46:22

He might be injured or unwell. Have you tried your locsl vets? You would be surprised how many "strays" are handed in by well meaning folk if they see a cat they haven't seen before.

Yy to garages.

My cat disappeared twice. Bith tomes we had given up on her and both times she returned two weeks later. First time with a broken leg the second covered in ticks 😲

That cat made full use of her 9 lives!

teabagsmummy Tue 11-Apr-17 21:45:59

Yeah I did local fb page, I live in a small village most folk checked there sheds etc. Will try vets tomorrow he's
Micro chipped bit keeps losing his collars

teabagsmummy Thu 13-Apr-17 10:33:19

Still no sign of him sad

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 13-Apr-17 14:12:35

Keep calling him & putting signs up etc, it's still early days.

Ollivander84 Thu 13-Apr-17 14:24:29

Mine went missing for 8 days and he's the most bonded cuddly cat ever. He turned up and it seems he was stuck somewhere

teabagsmummy Sat 15-Apr-17 06:50:19

He's home! Looks like he's walked for miles he's starving and filthy ! So glad he's home 😻

ElizaDontlittle Sat 15-Apr-17 06:57:51

Oh hooray! So pleased for you. I bet you wish he could talk! Must have been a long week for you, hope you can have lots of cuddles today!

Trustyourself2 Sat 15-Apr-17 07:15:03

Another one who's come home - yay! Have a lovely day with him. Hope he's not poorly. Where do they get to?

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 15-Apr-17 07:52:19

I'm so happy for you both. I wonder where he was all this time!.

sodabreadjam Sat 15-Apr-17 10:08:20

He possibly jumped into a vehicle then had to make his own way home when he got out.

So happy for you - great news!

BlueEngine4 Sat 15-Apr-17 10:11:51

It's things like this that make me think microchips could do with some sort of GPS in them so you can see what he's been​ up to

teabagsmummy Sat 15-Apr-17 10:25:03

We should it go pro cameras on them grin

teabagsmummy Sat 15-Apr-17 10:25:46

*put baby pressed my screen when I was posting

YetAnotherSpartacus Sat 15-Apr-17 11:15:07

If he was mine I'd tell him I'd never let him out again ... So glad he's home.

BigcatLittlecat Sat 15-Apr-17 11:18:33

Fabulous news! If only he could talk and tell you where he has been!

rumblingDMexploitingbstds Sat 15-Apr-17 13:31:46

Read this thread fearing the worst and about to suggest ringing all the vets in the district - so pleased to find instead that you have a happy ending! That's great news OP, very happy for you flowers

Wolfiefan Sat 15-Apr-17 13:33:40

Yay. Great news.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now