Talk

Advanced search

Where to find rescue kitten in London?

(8 Posts)
dollarstodonuts Thu 06-Apr-17 17:41:19

Someone on a local mums FB group has posted looking for a kitten. She and her family have been approved for a kitten through three charities but there hasn't been a kitten available. She's getting impatient and considering buying one. Can anyone point me to where she might look to adopt?

thecatneuterer Thu 06-Apr-17 17:51:17

There are none available because kitten season is just starting. We are getting called to stray mothers giving birth in gardens multiple times a day at the moment. However kittens need to stay with their mothers until they are ten weeks old. So in about two months from now you won't be able to move for kittens available.

There are always a few that give birth out of season, but not many. Point this out to her and ask her to be patient.

RueDeWakening Thu 06-Apr-17 17:52:35

Ours came from Battersea Dogs, was years ago though.

dollarstodonuts Thu 06-Apr-17 17:53:32

Thank you TCN I hoped you'd respond. I'll pass that along and hope they can be persuaded to hold on a bit.

originalbiglymavis Thu 06-Apr-17 17:56:48

www.celiahammond.org

dollarstodonuts Thu 06-Apr-17 22:28:49

I posted the advice along with links and the OP said she was going to wait to get a rescue kitten. Thanks for the help!

OliviaStabler Fri 07-Apr-17 17:54:42

Wood Green Animal Shelter is good when kittens are in season

Vinorosso74 Fri 07-Apr-17 19:15:16

There's a charity called Feline Friends who appear to have some kittens in foster care. The CP adoption centre I'm at doesn't have any I'm aware of but they do come in from other branches and charities.
Well done on convincing her to wait and adopt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now