Talk

Advanced search

How long do dreamies, etc last in your house?

(19 Posts)
Trustyourself2 Thu 06-Apr-17 15:05:05

I've realised today, that one of my fat cats is possibly an addict. I ran out of Felix treats yesterday, so went to shop specifically to get another bag. As you all know yourselves, life would not be worth living if you had none to give, and that bag is now nearly all gone, on one cat!

Do you think I have an addict in the house and should I seek counselling for said addict? I'm starting to get very worried. I find it almost impossible to resist her pleas. I wish I hadn't started now.

ZilphasHatpin Thu 06-Apr-17 15:07:55

grin

I ration them and now only use them to train my cat to come back inside when called. He is spectactularly stupid so he can't be left outside when I go to work. I use the dreamies as his reward when he comes back in. I stand outside and shake the packet for him like a proper crazy cat lady. He only gets a couple at a time though, despite his attempts to climb into the bag. hmm

Wh0Kn0wsWhereTheTimeGoes Thu 06-Apr-17 15:13:57

When we open a pack they don't last long but I only buy them once every couple of months or so.

ExpatMrs Thu 06-Apr-17 15:22:44

One pack lasts about 10 days between my two cats, but that's cos sometimes I totally forget they're in the cupboard.
One of my two cats would eat them all day every day and goes tonto for them - Dreamies are known as Kitty Crack in our house confused

OrangeIsTheNewPop Thu 06-Apr-17 15:23:21

Until the little fuckers find the hiding place. NB...never hide the ones which smell like fish in your underwear drawer. Just don't do it.

Trustyourself2 Thu 06-Apr-17 15:47:59

Oh dear, think it's time for me crack dealer to take action. My other two are pretty much indifferent to them, thank goodness.

Pray for me, please!!

Kiroro Thu 06-Apr-17 15:48:22

My kitten isn't that bothered about them! Much prefers chicken.

user1483387154 Thu 06-Apr-17 15:51:35

you arent meant to give them more than 12 pieces per day.

Trustyourself2 Thu 06-Apr-17 16:21:08

She's just run to her "treat spot" and hollered at me again, but I haven't caved and now she's sulking. Must be strong.....

Toddlerteaplease Thu 06-Apr-17 17:03:25

I get four enormous green eyes staring at me every time I open a plastic packet of any description. I mean how can you resist these eyes!

Trustyourself2 Thu 06-Apr-17 20:00:18

There in lies the problem, Toddlerteaplease. It's just impossible!

Orlandointhewilderness Thu 06-Apr-17 20:02:52

DCat would eat the bag in one. She finds them where ever they are hidden and tears the bag apart to get them. Unfortunately she is a fat puss so I no longer buy them!

Oldraver Thu 06-Apr-17 20:36:04

Ernie does not like Dreamies, he prefers Hi-Life chicken or Rabbit dried pieces.

I did by him some of the Lick things..the liquid one that smells horrid. He seemed to love that.

He dos try and ponce a piece of chicken each time he comes in

Toddlerteaplease Thu 06-Apr-17 21:17:25

They've had four lots today. As I gave Fatty some because I was trying to get her sister in from the garden. Then she demanded more when her sister did come in. My friend came to meet them so he gave more.

9GreenBottles Thu 06-Apr-17 22:44:25

Dreamies are only used here to get the cats into the house. It might just be one cat who needs to be enticed but all four have to have their share. Whiskas have been putting little sample sachets of Dreamies in their boxes of food recently. Today I realised I virtually emptied one as their reward for coming in.

Trustyourself2 Thu 06-Apr-17 23:04:33

Her last treats were given at 7pm and that'll be it until tomorrow morning, when she'll be screaming at me for them first thing. I won't cave, I won't cave.............

Lauraw1989 Thu 06-Apr-17 23:11:28

I would say 1 bag a week 😺

Wolfiefan Thu 06-Apr-17 23:14:42

About as long is it takes them to open the packet. I hid the packet. They did this ....

Trustyourself2 Fri 07-Apr-17 10:23:34

Wolfiefan, scary!!

Well, I resisted giving her treats at bedtime and she's only had a few this morning. She seems to be getting the message already, as she's not been hollering for more, so far. Hope it continues, as her next hit will be at lunchtime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now