Talk

Advanced search

CAt bite on leg - vet or wait and see?

(9 Posts)
Katnisnevergreen Wed 05-Apr-17 15:27:30

As the title suggests, we had an unwanted visitor last night leading to a big fight. Now dcat has what looks like a bite on his back leg. He's walking on it, but it is obviously sore, he won't let me look at it closely.

Is this a get job or a wait and see job? I know how filthy cat mouths are and don't want am abcess, but equally I don't want to distress his by taking him to the vets unnecessarily. He is quite stressy at the vets and in the carrier.

Wise litter tray people, what do you think?

Also, can I be clear, there is no money issue in regard to going to the vets, just anxiety on his part.

Floralnomad Wed 05-Apr-17 15:31:45

Vet , cats have all kinds of nasty in their mouths and cat bites generally need a really good clean and possibly antibiotic cover .

Katnisnevergreen Wed 05-Apr-17 15:36:06

Yeah that's what I thought. Poor little hairy baby, better find the box and ring the vets.
Thanks smile

Floralnomad Wed 05-Apr-17 15:36:58

Hope he's ok .

Katnisnevergreen Wed 05-Apr-17 15:45:45

Vets all booked, going later today. Fingers crossed for the little sausage

Vinorosso74 Wed 05-Apr-17 16:16:19

Pleased it's booked. Definitely worth getting these things checked. Vet can always give an antibiotic injection.

Katnisnevergreen Wed 05-Apr-17 17:59:55

Antibiotics and painkillers given. One very unhappy cat but a relieved owner

Just got to keep an eye on him, apparently it still might turn into an abcess angry envy (vomit not envy)

Floralnomad Wed 05-Apr-17 18:04:46

Worth going then , hope he feels better soon .

pilates Thu 06-Apr-17 09:20:20

I think the sooner you get it treated the better. Hopefully, it will not develop into anything nasty. Have you got to keep him in?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now