Talk

Advanced search

My cat has urinated on my bed twice today!

(8 Posts)
ilovewelshrarebit123 Sat 01-Apr-17 22:47:41

Ivy cat has urinated on my bed twice today, we woke up this morning and the bed was wet. Even more grim was the massive smelly wee stain on my daughters pj top!

I've changed the bed, cleaned and my DD has just watched her do it again.

I'm now thinking she's not well. She's asking to go out more, and is in and out of her litter tray doing little wees.

Also there was a speck of blood on my duvet where she went.

Poor little thing, she's only a year old and we've only had her from the rescue for 8 weeks. ☹️

I've got insurance, will a vet see her tomorrow of do I wait until Monday?

SpecialFlowSnake Sat 01-Apr-17 23:00:43

Vet ASAP. Probably UTI. If you possibly can catch a sample in a clean jamjar to bring along that would be very helpful.

Do you have any other pets? My poor little cat was ambushed at the litter tray by her brother and then developed a UTI leading to her peeing on my DD's bed and in DH's study because she was scared and in pain and wanted a safe and quiet place. Thankfully the vet was very good with solutions. DH was on the verge of "It's Me or The Cat!"

MyLittleBoyBlue Sat 01-Apr-17 23:03:47

Vet asap, she'll likely be in a lot of pain poor thing. Uti's are horrible things sad

sniffle12 Sat 01-Apr-17 23:04:38

Take her to the vet in case it's medical due to the blood, but in my experience cats also pee on beds when they're unsettled for whatever reason... in the case of our last cat, it was whenever we went on holiday and returned, when we got a new cat, when a fellow cat died. It's their little form of protest! Not sure if there's anything happened that could have unsettled her!

Hope all's well and if it's medical that it's something easily fixable smile

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 01-Apr-17 23:15:14

Pets at home vets are open tomorrow. Sounds just like cystitis.

Don't give her any human meds.

Potentialmadcatlady Sun 02-Apr-17 11:26:42

Vet as soon as you can get one that's open... Wet food mixed with warm water and extra water bowls/glasses/kids toys with water in anywhere you can leave them ( in other words trick her into drinking more) ..

deepbreath Mon 03-Apr-17 09:55:51

Hope your cat is OK. Please let us know what the vet says.

One of my cats is doing this too. I think mine is due to stress as one of the neighbour's cats startled her by jumping at the window a couple of days ago when she was dozing off on the windowsill. She is eating, drinking and generally fine in every other way. No blood in her wee.

I bought a pet calming spray, she rolled happily where I put it on the bed, then did a big wee next to it later!

ilovewelshrarebit123 Mon 03-Apr-17 19:32:54

Vet says she seemed ok on examination, but he wanted a urine sample.

So he gave me some painkiller for her, some special cat litter, gloves and a syringe.

She didn't take long to produce one, she also did a massive runny poo, so I was trying to syringe the bits of wee I could get.

I've got a good sample but more worrying was blood in her poo. I immediately called the vets and they said she can wait until tomorrow when I drop the sample off.

None the wiser really 🤔

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now