Talk

Advanced search

AntiFreeze Poisoning :( :(

(23 Posts)
FindersKeeperz Fri 31-Mar-17 22:04:30

My beautiful boy passed last night sad
I'm devastated. He was sick yesterday morning at 9.30 and 9.30 last night he was gone.
Vet has said today he's pretty sure it was anti freeze poisoning sad
It was so quick, don't think I've had time to process it really.
More of a pity post than anything. I know he's a cat but he was with me for the last 8 years sad

UnbornMortificado Fri 31-Mar-17 22:09:44

I'm so horrible Finders, some horrible people out there.

Pets break our hearts when they leave us flowers

We lost our lovely boy the same way 2y ago...absolutely heartbroken for you and your dear boy xxx

DramaAlpaca Fri 31-Mar-17 22:43:03

I'm so sorry, that's a horrible thing to happen. Poor puss, and poor you flowers

Whywonttheyletmeusemyusername Fri 31-Mar-17 22:50:02

I'm so sorry, that's awful. flowers

Weedsnseeds1 Sat 01-Apr-17 00:14:22

I'm so sorry. Can't understand cruelty like that. Can you report to local animal protection or police?

ElizaDontlittle Sat 01-Apr-17 00:29:25

Oh that's awful! Of course you are devastated. I'm so sorry, you must be angry and distraught. flowers

MsMims Sat 01-Apr-17 00:31:55

How awful, I'm so sorry. flowers

Some people are truly evil.

YetAnotherSpartacus Sat 01-Apr-17 10:01:53

flowers

Mermaidinthesea Sat 01-Apr-17 10:17:01

Thats terrible Finders our cats are so important to us hugs.
This kind of poisoning is such a worry because its so easy for people to spill the stuff when they are topping up their cars it was probably a terrible accident.

NameNotANumber Sat 01-Apr-17 10:50:49

So sorry flowers

FindersKeeperz Sat 01-Apr-17 11:29:14

Thank you all for your kind words. I'd like to think no one would intentionally harm an animal and that it was just a horrible accident. Our vets are going to put out a warning to pet owners to be vigilant. We have another cat who is a bit lost right now as he has always had max by his side x

Trustyourself2 Sat 01-Apr-17 11:33:41

That's so sad. So sorry this has happened. You can't even explain it to their poor friends left behind. Hope you'll be ok.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 01-Apr-17 12:33:29

I'm so sorry that's an awful thing to happen to him. It might not be on purpose, people put it in water features to stop them freezing.

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Sat 01-Apr-17 12:40:51

We lost a cat from anti-freeze poisoning a few years ago, it was horrible. I'm so sorry to hear about your boy flowers

FindersKeeperz Sat 01-Apr-17 14:53:30

This is it, it's such an every day item that you look at it as potentially lethal. And it only requires such a small amount to be fatal.

FindersKeeperz Sat 01-Apr-17 14:54:01

Sorry I meant you don't look at it as potentially lethal

9GreenBottles Sat 01-Apr-17 15:19:13

I'm so terribly sorry to hear of your loss Finders. Shocking and heartbreaking for you flowers

I hope you don't mind if I share this petition to ban antifreeze products which don't contain a bitterant (as a means to deter animals from drinking it) so other pet owners don't have to go through the pain you are experiencing just now: petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171818

I was shocked to find out this week that antifreeze is often used in garden water features - so not just accidental spills around the car.

Vinorosso74 Sat 01-Apr-17 15:50:42

How awful, am so sorry to hear this. It is wrong there's no nasty smell/taste to prevent animals from drinking it.

Oldraver Sat 01-Apr-17 20:53:11

flowers for you and your boy.

I knew Anti-freeze wasn't good for animals but it didn't click about screenwash. We are also putting in a water feature so will take heed of not adding antifreeze.

FindersKeeperz Sun 02-Apr-17 16:18:05

Thankyou xx

Kiroro Mon 03-Apr-17 10:16:31

FindersKeeperz I'm so sorry :-(

Kiroro Mon 03-Apr-17 10:17:48

Signed the petition

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now