Talk

Advanced search

Possible absence seizure

(3 Posts)
girlinleeds Fri 31-Mar-17 08:42:52

Last night our five year old cat Bella was playing with my daughter when she laid down, didn't think anything of that but then she was none responsive. Didn't respond to touch or her name must have lasted a couple of minutes, I picked her up and she seemed to come round. She seemed a bit confused so I tried to tempt her with some food and she wolfed it down. She slowly came round, she's booked in at the vets at 10 am today, first appointment I could get but I'm really scared last time I took one of our cats to the vets unwell he was found to be dying from antifreeze poisoning and had to be pts

Trustyourself2 Fri 31-Mar-17 10:27:31

I hope Bella's ok. Was the vet able to diagnose her?

girlinleeds Fri 31-Mar-17 11:25:07

He thinks it was because she has a heart murmur that she got to overexcited and that triggered it. He said if it remains a one of then just to keep an eye on her if it happens again they'll do bloods and refer her to a cardiologist, she's had a grade 4 heart murmur since we got her at a year old and it's not got any worst even though we nearly lost her to a nasty virus a couple of years ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now