Talk

Advanced search

I can't stop crying

(78 Posts)
MyCatIsTryingToKillMe Thu 30-Mar-17 10:17:06

My beautiful, funny, soft hearted cat has just been run over and left to die in the road while I took my DS to school. Came back and found him in the road outside the house still warm. Thank god DS didn't see him but I don't know how I'm going to tell him later, he will be devestated, he adores him.

Sleepingbunnies Thu 30-Mar-17 10:18:02

flowers so sorry x

floraeasy Thu 30-Mar-17 10:20:09

Oh, I'm so so sorry. I've been there sad At least I didn't have to break the news to a LO.

I'm sure you'll get good advice here.

Your cat looks gorgeous. Grey cats are very beautiful.

Be kind to yourself for the next few days.

flowers

MrsNuckyThompson Thu 30-Mar-17 10:20:30

How horrible for you. I'm very sorry. He looks gorgeous and just like one of my two.

Perhaps the driver didn't see him or notice he'd hit him? I like to think most people wouldn't just drive off.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Thu 30-Mar-17 10:21:56

Ah what a stunning cat xx
So sorry - some people are heartless bastards. .
If you can print some pics off and get ds a lovely frame for his bedroom. .

Trustyourself2 Thu 30-Mar-17 10:25:30

How awful. So sorry. Your poor puss. It's happened to me as well. Thinking of you.

MyCatIsTryingToKillMe Thu 30-Mar-17 10:26:43

Thank you all. He is beautiful, he's a Russian Blue and the most friendly, laid back cat you'd ever meet. Drivers fly down this road, it's long and straight. The vet says he had a massive impact to the head so probably died instantly so at least he didn't suffer.

I think I'm in shock at having to pick him up and take him to the vet like that. There was a lot of injury which I won't go into. I really can't stop crying.

We have his brother from the same litter, they are very close and he is going to be confused too.

WanderingTrolley1 Thu 30-Mar-17 10:27:18

I'm so sorry flowers

dementedpixie Thu 30-Mar-17 10:28:44

How awful. flowers for all of you

MyCatIsTryingToKillMe Thu 30-Mar-17 10:29:29

I'm sorry to all of you who have lost your cats also. These are the first pets we've had as a family (although I grew up always with cats), I've underestimated how much he has become part of the family.

MyCatIsTryingToKillMe Thu 30-Mar-17 10:31:53

Also realise how crass my user looks now. Think I'll change that.

SecretNutellaFix Thu 30-Mar-17 10:34:31

I'm so sorry- we lost one of our first cats to the road and then our 4th was killed when a car mounted the pavement to kill him- it was witnessed by my mum's friend.

Both died immediately which was a little comfort, but the pain of losing them is very very hard.

Be kind to yourself, and gentle cwtches for your little boy for later.x

Vinorosso74 Thu 30-Mar-17 10:34:55

Oh god I'm so sorry, how horrible for you. Some people are wankers just to leave him like that. RIP beautiful boy flowers

ohdoadoodoo Thu 30-Mar-17 10:35:28

Oh no, so sorry. That must have been such a shock to find him and have to deal with that.

I would like a cat but have to say that this exactly thing really puts me off sad

Hope you feel better soon flowers

TheSmallPrint Thu 30-Mar-17 10:41:07

Name changed.

SecretNutellaFix, I can't believe that someone could be that evil, bastards. I'm so sorry.

I couldn't leave an animal at the side of the road, especially if I had hit it. He's microchipped so the vet could have let me know what happened if someone had taken him.

Thank you all for your kindness, I feel like in real life people will think I'm fussing and it's just a cat but I thought you lovely people would understand.

phoebe2016 Thu 30-Mar-17 10:46:11

Oh OP, i am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful fur baby 💐 x

kingjoffreyworksintescos Thu 30-Mar-17 10:53:34

💐💐so sorry for your loss , he's beautiful , give his brother endless treats and cuddles

SecretNutellaFix Thu 30-Mar-17 10:56:17

We couldn't believe it either- we found out a few months later that the driver (a taxi) was seriously mentally ill and took his own life not long afterwards. Small community where nearly everybody knew each other. It made us feel less hate towards him, but we still missed Paris so much.

TheSmallPrint Thu 30-Mar-17 11:05:24

I've completely over compensated with his brother, poor thing can't understand why he's getting so many cuddles and Dreamies.

YetAnotherSpartacus Thu 30-Mar-17 11:36:16

Oh Fuck. I'm so sorry. flowers

Toddlerteaplease Thu 30-Mar-17 11:43:54

Very sorry. He was a beautiful boy and had a good life with you. I don't think I could ever have an outdoor cat because of the traffic risk. flowersbrewcake

anoldiebutagoody Thu 30-Mar-17 11:47:23

So sorry, what a beautiful boy x 💐

sunnytoday Thu 30-Mar-17 11:55:26

I am so sorry for your loss.

TheSmallPrint Thu 30-Mar-17 11:55:49

I feel guilty for letting him out which is ridiculous I know. The pair of them would never have been indoor cats. We adopted them at 15 months and they were used to going out - couldn't wait to get outside when they moved here. We live in a village but there are fast drivers and people who don't care everywhere sadly.

He was happy and well loved (and well fed!) and I have to take comfort in that.

Kiroro Thu 30-Mar-17 11:56:29

Oh god MyCatIsTryingToKillMe I'm so sorry! :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now