Talk

Advanced search

Do cats get bored with their food?

(15 Posts)
pilates Tue 28-Mar-17 22:30:48

Mine has stopped eating her wet food but still eating her dry food. I remember her doing this before and we changed brand and she was fine.

Olinguito Tue 28-Mar-17 23:04:30

Mine seems to, usually when I have just stocked up on it.

Peonyfan Tue 28-Mar-17 23:07:04

Same here, I buy it in bulk and she stops eating it.
I don't know how true it is but my vet insists that some cats would rather half starve than eat some foods that they have gone off for some reason.

Unlike dogs.

Toddlerteaplease Tue 28-Mar-17 23:09:24

Mine have had the same food ever since I adopted them. Last week they were ignoring cat pate etc in favour of their biscuits. (One of the little buggers has broken her jaw and was supposed to be on wet food only) so I don't think mine are that bothered.

MyDarlingWhatIfYouFly Tue 28-Mar-17 23:13:42

Yep. I have 4 or 5 brands on rotation usually confused

Peonyfan Tue 28-Mar-17 23:15:00

Cat soup is a favourite this month, the only dry food that she will eat is Hills tiny size hmm

passthewineplz Tue 28-Mar-17 23:20:59

Yep! DCat is currently on the last few packets of a bulk buy box, and has started sniffing it and walking away...... 🙄

He's done well though, as I usually rotate 2 different brands so he doesn't get bored.

Trustyourself2 Tue 28-Mar-17 23:48:15

Yes, it's a constant challenge.

GreyStars Wed 29-Mar-17 00:04:03

I have to rotate all the time, one decided just this morning they no longer like the one that yesterday they were munching away on - looked up at me as much to say "stupid human today is not the day for Sheba" so he had gourmet, served that to all of them this evening and same look from a different one, who then wanted Sheba smile

I find myself shaking my head on a regular basis

pilates Wed 29-Mar-17 07:35:50

Ahh interesting 🙂
Thanks

IndigoSister Wed 29-Mar-17 09:50:13

My cats did this and I mentioned it in the pet shop as I was looking for new brands. If you look at the ingredients on the food and it says fish 20% then what makes up that fish content can vary depending on what's cheap at the time. However if it says Salmon 15% then it must always be salmon. So you think you're buying the same recipie but actually it's changing.

GreyStars Wed 29-Mar-17 15:45:35

Mine do with it the same blooming box smile but that is very interesting I shall have to keep an eye on it!

gamerchick Wed 29-Mar-17 15:50:04

Mine likes to change both wet and dry every few weeks.

Parky gits.

catlover1987 Wed 29-Mar-17 15:50:10

I try and buy a few different brands at once (pets at home do 20 sachets for the price of 16 I think, mix and match) so she doesn't get bored. But she would happily live on her biscuits, so only gets these at bedtime. I think dry food is like junk food to cats!

ElizaDontlittle Wed 29-Mar-17 16:58:41

I have a continual rotation
I wouldn't want to eat the same thing all the time, so why should she? wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now