Talk

Advanced search

Unique ways to bury ones poo

(11 Posts)
EachandEveryone Tue 28-Mar-17 21:25:26

Why oh why is she doing this? She has a blinking £100 tray that she will occasionally poo in but would not bother herself to bury it with worlds best cat litter. Not a problem as I scoop out three times a day. Now she has a pound land litter tray in my bedroom as the builders are still here with Chrystal litter. I was well impressed that she was seeing in it and pooing in the other. Except she's not any more she's having large jobbies in it whilst I'm on a night shift and still not burying. No my girl likes to cover it with my tshirts. Even when I've put them under my pillow she's finding them and dragging them to the tray. She's not that bright either so I don't know how she even thought of it. Why won't she use her paws like everyone else.

Last week she knocked all my art work of the walls does she want me to go onto permanent day shifts or something?

PinkSparklyPussyCat Tue 28-Mar-17 22:31:36

Mine uses the garden and digs a hole, stands in the hole and does what he needs to do on the edge! He then proceeds to scratch the earth about a foot away from the hole. He's odd.

When he's used the litter tray I have found items of clothing it but usually only socks and knickers, he obviously hasn't sussed a t shirt would cover more.

Trustyourself2 Tue 28-Mar-17 22:46:42

That's just bizarre. What goes on in their heads?

RubbishMantra Wed 29-Mar-17 01:22:36

Cats can be twats. Sounds like you've got a spectacularly twattish one! I remember your post about your ruined art-work. They do it because they know we will forgive them.

Allergictoironing Wed 29-Mar-17 07:43:48

Mine have an open litter tray which is next to the floor length curtains. Girlcat not only buries hers under a pile of litter so big it rivals Vesuvius, but often then proceeds to drag the curtain over the tray, or at least as far over as she can.

TweenageAngst Wed 29-Mar-17 07:48:59

I have one that excavates a giant hole like a furry JCB, covers the floor with litter, shits beside the hole then somewhat ineffectually pats the side of the tray a few times with his paw then stalks off.

Fortheloveofscience Wed 29-Mar-17 07:53:18

Digs a hole, poos in the hole, exits the litter box and scratches up the chest of drawers or the piano angry. If he's in an excited mood he will then run across the room and dig in any papers left lying around.

EachandEveryone Wed 29-Mar-17 08:32:53

I'm dreading walking through the door this morning incase she's dragged my wardrobe over to cover it

Oldraver Wed 29-Mar-17 09:44:44

Although Ernie isn't very bright, he did teach himself to go outside form the moment he was allowed out. He has mostly one area he poos in and I keep the soil turned over. Its probably the most finely tilled soil in the garden.

So he digs a massive deep hole with soil flying everywhere. By deep I mean you frequently see his front legs disappear. He then squats in the hole and poos on the edge.

He does cover it though, very well I have to go searching for it

ElizaDontlittle Wed 29-Mar-17 10:43:59

The wardrobe grin
Mine spends forever in her tray.

ON the (separate) subject of clothes, if the laundry basket is full enough to reach in for her, she takes socks, and occasionally knickers, to rearrange around the house! Sadly rarely in the direction of the washing machine hmm must try harder

PosiePootlePerkins Wed 29-Mar-17 19:15:22

At least yours bury their poo, girl cat a) cannot be bothered to go in the garden and b) cannot be bothered to cover it up in the litter tray. Lazy madam. Boy cat on the other hand digs for all he's worth, and has recently started going outside (good boy!star)
We think they were previously kept in a flat so are very used to the litter tray.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now