Talk

Advanced search

Sprayed me and DP in bed last night in anger!

(24 Posts)
GardenGeek Mon 27-Mar-17 21:46:05

He has hurt himself climbing trees again, so cant go outside. Possible hairline fracture, front paw lameness etc sad

He has form for this though so I have to wonder if he will ever learn!

Anyway hes been kept in for the weekend and in a fit of anger last night after smashing a glass and tipping his food tray over he decided to spray me and DP in the middle of the night shock

Anyone had this? What do you do?

He's bengal x siamese if its relevant (always blame his naughty on his bengal genes) and clearly does not tolerate being kept in.

GardenGeek Mon 27-Mar-17 21:51:14

Form for hurting himself, not spraying btw grin

Was his first spray I have ever seen/ been coated in shock

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 27-Mar-17 21:57:17

All of a sudden mines looking like an angel.

I think he needs to sleep in another room for the duration.

GardenGeek Mon 27-Mar-17 22:16:50

Haha grin

I am seeing the funny side - DP not so much!

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 27-Mar-17 22:39:49

Is he getting pissy about it? grin

GardenGeek Mon 27-Mar-17 23:09:29

Ahahahhah!

It did make him chuckle grin Thanks for that - was so pissy he hadn't smiled all day.

RubbishMantra Tue 28-Mar-17 02:39:31

Don't look back spray in anger.

PenelopeFlintstone Tue 28-Mar-17 02:55:08

Do cats actually do that? Was the cat angry about the knocked over things, or did it make you angry and it sprayed in retaliation? I've never heard of this and think I would vomit!!

Lilybensmum1 Tue 28-Mar-17 05:55:37

This is why I love cats, not the spraying you understand just their distance for humans, did make me chuckle though.

Lilybensmum1 Tue 28-Mar-17 05:56:13

Distain for humans not flipping distance!

feesh Tue 28-Mar-17 06:14:04

My Bengal would totally do this - he sprays the house when he's got the hump/feeling stressed - usually if we are packing for a holiday or if he's being kept indoors for some reason. He's neutered and has two litter trays!

Weebleswobbles Tue 28-Mar-17 06:36:02

My female Bengal did this to me when I kept her in because she was recovering from a small op

feesh Tue 28-Mar-17 06:43:30

The irony is that mine never pees outside, ever! He only ever comes home to take a piss in his litter tray or get some food 😂

Trustyourself2 Tue 28-Mar-17 15:21:09

Seems like it's a Bengal thing, then. None of my moggies have ever sprayed me, but they have the furniture, from-time-to-time

JonesyAndTheSalad Tue 28-Mar-17 15:24:04

Oh I thought it sounded Siamese type behaviour! How naughty! I think you will need to buy him extra nice treats and tell him how beautiful he is about twice as much as usual given his disapointment. grin

DutyCalls Tue 28-Mar-17 15:25:56

I don't think I could accept this at all! If my dog suddenly appeared in my bedroom, cocked his leg and pissed all over me.. I just.. wouldn't be seeing a funny side. Is it a cat person thing? Lol

JonesyAndTheSalad Tue 28-Mar-17 15:37:28

Duty as a dog and a cat owner...dogs are just not the same as cats. I'd also be properly horrified if my dog did that. The cat? It's his choice. Cats are their own masters. Dogs are not.

TitaniasCloset Tue 28-Mar-17 15:39:59

I'm a dog owner too, this is hilarious!

DutyCalls Tue 28-Mar-17 15:51:27

That's interesting, I've never had a cat, I didn't realise the relationship was so different.

JonesyAndTheSalad Tue 28-Mar-17 15:55:14

It really is very different...especially if you have something like a Bengal or a Siamese. They're very funny and have massive personalities but they tend towards the...independent and bossy.

Dogs are eager to please generally. Cats really don't care. They DO love you no matter what anyone says about that....but they have little respect for you in general.

Mermaidinthesea Tue 28-Mar-17 18:49:26

My russian blue once did it when I moved house. I was bloody livid! It was only the once and it stank but dear old Shadow (now long deceased) always was a bit neurotic.

HermioneJeanGranger Tue 28-Mar-17 20:04:22

I think the idea is that you can train a dog, but you don't stand a chance in hell of training a cat!

GardenGeek Thu 06-Apr-17 01:07:21

Sorry everyone, was so busy last week and posted so late, didn't think anyone else would reply blush

They were three separate incidents over the day, first the smashing of the glass, then the destruction of his feed area, then trying to get out the window which we usually open when he rattles the blinds - but instead because we didn't let him out he has a stress/ anger spray all over us shock

It was laugh or cry so I had to laugh.

I do think its his bengal side, he's never done this before but he really doesn't tolerate being inside.

Hes better now and out so very happy grin

God knows whats going to happen when we have to keep him in when we move house in a couple of months shock

GardenGeek Thu 06-Apr-17 01:09:56

Actually johensy

Hes Bengal x Siamese, so seems the combo of neurotic behaviour there! Lovely in many ways though, handful in others but keeps us on our toes haha grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now