Talk

Advanced search

Girlcat has been missing all day.

(19 Posts)
carameldecaflatte Mon 27-Mar-17 20:23:24

Just that.
She ate her breakfast, had a big purry fuss and went out with her brother. She doesn't normally stay out all day except in the summer but only to sunbathe on the decking. I sent her brother out to find her but he just threw up outside (fur balls) and came back in and I'm getting worried now sad

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 27-Mar-17 20:26:29

Is it mild? Mines a Bugger to get in when it's mild.

Keep calling, ours stopped out till 1:30 the other week & scared us both witless.

carameldecaflatte Mon 27-Mar-17 20:34:57

We're in the south west and it's fairly mild. I keep popping out to call her and shake a box of treats. She is a pain to get in in the summer but likes to keep just out of reach rather than disappear. She may have to become an indoor cat if when she turns up to save my nerves.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 27-Mar-17 20:52:21

Mild with a clear full moon is the worst, why bother coming in when you can stay out & party.

She's probably watching you shake the treats.

Vinorosso74 Mon 27-Mar-17 21:21:30

First hint of milder weather and our 14yo wants to be out --snoozing in the sun--partying! She has a strict curfew due to insulin requirements though.
Maybe some tempting, strong smelling food might entice her back.

carameldecaflatte Mon 27-Mar-17 21:22:34

I'll give her party a big fuss when she gets in. Thanks for the support Fluffy.
I've been out several times but no sign yet.

squeak10 Mon 27-Mar-17 21:33:37

Mine all disappeared for ages at the weekend as the sun was out. Turned up for supper then buggered off again but home for breakfast, at 5am shock little buggers. Have spent all day slumming it at home as it colder todaysmile] . Hope she comes back from the party soon x

carameldecaflatte Mon 27-Mar-17 22:06:34

Thanks Vino and squeak. No sign of her yet. The trouble with leaving strong smelling food out is there are a lot of cats in the area using our garden as a corridor. I'll leave some food out for her in the kitchen (so at least I'll know if she sneaks in and out again) and shut Boycat in the bedroom with me (until he gets evicted when dh gets home). Bloody cats.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 27-Mar-17 22:09:17

She doesn't know the clocks have gone forward. It might feel earlier to her.

Botanicbaby Tue 28-Mar-17 00:03:04

It's a horrible feeling & the waiting is excruciating. Fingers crossed she's back home safely soon.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Tue 28-Mar-17 00:04:58

Could she be in season.

user1481490957 Tue 28-Mar-17 00:06:59

Has she returned? Is she spayed? Sometimes female cats can venture off for days looking to breed if they are in 'season'

Peonyfan Tue 28-Mar-17 00:10:17

Fingers crossed, it might be the warmer weather. They are sods for making you worry.

MrsEvadneCake Tue 28-Mar-17 00:14:59

If nearby neighbours were gardening then check sheds maybe? My girlcat was gone three days and was in a shed. It was pure luck I found her.

Peonyfan Tue 28-Mar-17 12:30:49

Any news?

carameldecaflatte Tue 28-Mar-17 18:00:02

She wasn't home when I went to bed at 11 last night and not when dh came home at 12. This morning however she was curled up on her chair in the kitchen and most disgruntled at the semi-medical exam I subjected her to. She was ravenous so I suspect she got herself shut in somewhere all day.

She has been spayed or I wouldn't let her out at all! Girl and boy are from a rescued litter and I asked for 2 boys thinking they would be company for each other. Ha. She barely tolerates him most of the time and beats him up regularly unless it's chilly, in which case she snuggles him like a blanket.

She is quite neurotic, has bouts of overgrooming (started when we bought our son home from the hospital almost 5 years ago) and has cost us a small fortune with her teeth. But she is the soppiest fussiest pudding of a cat that I have ever met and I was beside myself with worry last night!

Thank you all for your support grin

ElizaDontlittle Tue 28-Mar-17 18:09:35

Oh good!
The worry they cause us for such small creatures. So glad she is home relatively quickly and safe and sound. Did you sleep? Hope you do tonight if not.

squeak10 Tue 28-Mar-17 22:27:04

Glad to hear she is home safe

timtam23 Wed 29-Mar-17 23:19:45

Very glad to hear she's back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now