Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

More affectionate since illness

(4 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Sun 26-Mar-17 16:48:49

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Since Snorg became ill and since Fatty dislocated her jaw, they ha e both become much more affectionate. They both come for cuddles much more and now sleep tucked right up next to me. Snorg has also finally learned how to meow and now does it just to get fuss. She's never done that before. They always were fairly affectionate little things but not to this extent. Is it common!

frazzled3ds Sun 26-Mar-17 17:00:40

Yup, one of my cats has been through the wars a bit in the last couple of years - lost an eye after getting run over about 18 months ago, and has had both of his ears amputated this January (skin cancer). Having previously been the master of 'aloof', he's now very cuddly and chatty, and often comes up asking for strokes and cuddles, purring loudly!

TroysMammy Sun 26-Mar-17 17:21:11

Troy was 2 days older than my niece and never gave her the time of day much to her dismay. When he was diagnosed with HCM he was suddenly her best friend, allowed her to stroke and brush him and play. She was delighted for the short time he was alive.

Vinorosso74 Sun 26-Mar-17 17:51:21

I know what you mean. Ours has been an affectionate girl since we adopted her but has become even more so for the last couple of years since her health issues began. I feel a bit more bonded with her too as she needs that extra bit of care, am sure you cat people know what I mean

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now