Talk

Advanced search

How much for cat sitter?

(11 Posts)
SerialReJoiner Sun 26-Mar-17 15:07:28

I'm going to ask a local teenage girl to look after our cats for a one week holiday. She's 16.

How much would you pay?

Toddlerteaplease Sun 26-Mar-17 15:42:07

I pay £11.50 for mine per visit. But she does come quite a distance. Don't know how long she stays but I've got no complaints from the cats and I watched her on my web cam the first time she went and she was lovely with them.

SerialReJoiner Sun 26-Mar-17 20:29:22

Thanks. Does she visit once a day?

Toddlerteaplease Sun 26-Mar-17 22:40:13

Yes. Because they are indoor cat's that's all they need. She would do twice daily if needed but can't remember what she charges for that. She lives about 6 miles away so I'm happy with that price. She also runs a cattery so knows what she's doing.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 26-Mar-17 22:40:39

Did you also post this in chat under a different name?

9GreenBottles Sun 26-Mar-17 23:16:14

I use Petpals and pay between £8.50 and £10 depending on weekday/weekend and how many visits per day I'm having. I have them in twice a day as my four cats are allowed out during the visit.

SerialReJoiner Sun 26-Mar-17 23:21:25

Toddler nope.

Thanks for the info. I'll try to come up with an offer for my neighbour to consider.

Puffinsareblackandwhite Sun 26-Mar-17 23:24:39

I've just booked a professional who charges £7.50 per visit, so in our case £15/day. Was going to come on here and ask how I can know she's reliable? Found her on our vet's website and she has references so think it should be OK. Toddler, how does the monitoring through a webcam work?

Toddlerteaplease Mon 27-Mar-17 15:16:10

It's ok. But I should have bought a more expensive camera that pans round the room it's difficult to get a good view of the room. It is reassuring to know that they are ok. And I switch it off when the cat sitter is there as I trust her completely. The constant notifications of movement do get annoying but it's lovely to watch them sleeping.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 27-Mar-17 15:17:41

My cat sitter came for a visit to meet the girls before hand and had a sheet with their requirements on it. They were very wary of strangers at that time, but were all over her and she was lovely with them.

9GreenBottles Mon 27-Mar-17 15:40:22

Have you considered trustedhousesitters.com? Depends how long you are going away for but I have a subscription for a year and have had several people staying to look after my cats for longer periods and it has paid for itself. You have to be comfortable about a stranger living in your house - but you can go on reviews from other users/character references.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now