We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Why does my cat go to the litter tray almost every time I go to the loo ?

(14 Posts)
Atitsgratter Thu 23-Mar-17 19:52:49

The litter tray is in the bathroom where the loo is, there is just one loo ! Anyway, 9 times out of 10 when I go to the loo, Billy Bob is doing his business..he looks at me, I look at him, it's awkward ! Almost every time, I'm having a bath, he is having a shit ! Is that normal behaviour ??

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 23-Mar-17 19:54:30

Yes. It's a myth cats like privacy.

Atitsgratter Thu 23-Mar-17 20:01:34

The other cats never did that...just him 😳

TroysMammy Thu 23-Mar-17 20:06:23

My late cat used to do this. It was very unnerving listening to him huffing and puffing as he used the tray. To be honest he was on a lot of meds for HCM which he died from last May. Sorry that the photo is not the right way up.

The other photo is what I woke up to one morning grin.

TroysMammy Thu 23-Mar-17 20:07:13

Oh it is the right way up, didn't look like that in the preview.

vaginasuprise Thu 23-Mar-17 20:08:22

He's obviously very sociablegrin I'd prefer that to the load running commentary 2 of mine give when they use the trays

I'm going for a poop
Slighter higher pitch
I'm pooooooping
Less urgent
Muuum there's something in the tray you might want take a gander at.

The joys of orientalssmile

vaginasuprise Thu 23-Mar-17 20:09:06

*loud

Vinorosso74 Thu 23-Mar-17 21:14:34

Our old lady went through a phase of going for a poo while DP was in the shower, we've had a phase of meowing after using tray-she isn't a very vocal cat either, currently no unusual litter tray behaviours.

idril Thu 23-Mar-17 22:58:29

my cat only seems to wee when we are in the room. And will wee the minute we walk in. Seems like he hangs on until we are home and then dashes there! Very odd.

Janey50 Thu 23-Mar-17 23:11:26

Our girl does a 'welcome home' shit for us. Within 2 minutes of us walking in the front door,she is digging in the litter tray then squatting. When she is having a poo,her bum often makes a funny squeaking noise,which has my DGD in fits of laughter. She says she sounds like she's playing the bagpipes.

Atitsgratter Fri 24-Mar-17 06:39:46

I went for a wee at 5.30, he heard me, ran to the bathroom and produced a big turd ! That's just so bizarre 🤔

Gatekeeper Fri 24-Mar-17 06:48:53

Aww, my previous cat uses to do this. Totally unaffectionate but would sleep.nowhere but the end of.my bed when I was in it.

I always need a wee in the night and without fail she would come into the bathroom with me and have a tinkle in the litter tray at the same time

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 24-Mar-17 14:10:05

They obviously feel safer knowing your there should another cat come in to ambush them while toileting.

ohnonotanothernewbie Fri 24-Mar-17 14:19:42

Our cat's litter tray is outside our toilet and she often comes to use it when I'm in the loo - or she will sit outside and wait for me to come out. It is like she is guarding me while I use the loo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now