Talk

Advanced search

My cat doesn't appreciate art

(18 Posts)
EachandEveryone Thu 23-Mar-17 10:06:56

I could cry took me ages to sort my prints out and hang them nicely. I've just got in from work and not one of them is on the wall but behind sofas and chairs some of them smashed to pieces. Is this normal? She could've really hurt herself!

Papergirl1968 Thu 23-Mar-17 10:08:44

That face says "don't give a fuck!"

Hellmouth Thu 23-Mar-17 10:10:38

"It wasn't me"

😂

Ollivander84 Thu 23-Mar-17 10:11:22

That face says it was the scary ghost cat and nothing to do with her at all grin

EachandEveryone Thu 23-Mar-17 10:11:40

Is it normal I thought I was being artistic hanging them over the sofa.

Ollivander84 Thu 23-Mar-17 10:13:29

She's telling you they were in the wrong place wink

GinAndTunic Thu 23-Mar-17 10:18:49

Nowadays, everyone is a critic.

stumblymonkeyremix Thu 23-Mar-17 10:48:47

She doesn't agree with your choices. You can tell her face is saying "That's what I think of your idea of art".

I propped a very large and heavy mirror on top of my desk once. It lasted one day.

Secretariat Thu 23-Mar-17 10:53:25

That is a 'I rule this roost' face smile

EachandEveryone Thu 23-Mar-17 15:19:42

There's no point in even thinking about buying these is there?

Goldfishjane Thu 23-Mar-17 17:28:50

sorry this happened but your cat is so beautiful I can't see you need anything more in the place!

I mean, sorry to do cat favouritism but she is the most beautiful cat I've seen in ages. I'm glad she didn't hurt herself.

Maybe perspex type frames with the nailing done at all 4 corners?

EachandEveryone Thu 23-Mar-17 18:01:30

Shes my first cat shes beautiful to me im dreading the time she starts wanting to go out so far she just goes out in ten minute spurts and seems more interested in hanging round the flat with me. I didnt realise you could get perspex frames. Ill have to look into them. I wonder what was going through her mind!

BagelGoesWalking Thu 23-Mar-17 18:01:58

Not really the point of the thread, but use these instead of nails. They're amazing!

Goldfishjane Thu 23-Mar-17 18:46:32

OP maybe she was just thinking "oh this is new". So if you can put them up when you're going to be around for a bit then perhaps she will get used to them?

Either that or she was thinking "Can't we have some early Impressionists instead?"

how old is she? I luffs her grin

maybe she won't want to go out much, that's happened with my friend's cat and he's really glad because otherwise he worries. I love working at home at days because I don't have to commute but he and his wife say "oh good, I'm working at home, I can be with the cat"

that makes me happy! (I don't have a cat, at some point I will).

RubbishMantra Thu 23-Mar-17 19:32:04

I have all my stuff framed up in perspex, (plexiglass?) More expensive than glass though.. . And blu-tack nick-nacks to surfaces.

Maybe she's trying to tell you she wants you to commission a portrait of her? grin

EachandEveryone Thu 23-Mar-17 19:43:16

That photographer is a friend or might not be impossible!

She's eight months I'm leaving her with the neighbour for the weekend so maybe she senses it. I even cut my holidays short I'm not going til late tomorrow night and back Sunday. I do feel guilty for working 12 hour shifts but it is only three a week she doesn't seem too bothered. She is cute I have to say. I've considered a friend but the lady at the cattery said she might lose her personality if I do that.

ClaudiaNaughton Thu 23-Mar-17 19:47:51

Does your neighbour have any nice artwork?

EachandEveryone Thu 23-Mar-17 20:00:15

No she wont be going in there. We are in a flat so shes just accross the hall.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now