Talk

Advanced search

Does your cat respond to a song?

(11 Posts)
Tinnie88 Thu 23-Mar-17 07:24:39

6 months or so ago we went to see a show. The next day DH is messing about singing one of the songs and bigcat comes over making a huge fuss. We found it funny so carried on singing it to her.

Fast forward to now and she is still obsessed with this song!!! She's a 'on her terms' cat so if I shout her she'll normally ignore me (unless my treat game is strong). If we sing this song she's there instantly! Whereever she is in the house she runs to us trying to get up on us and doing the mega purr.

Only this song gets her attention. We find it so funny, I've had cats before and never come across this. Does your cat have a song?!

EachandEveryone Thu 23-Mar-17 08:38:32

It's not a proper song and I'm an idiot whenever I'm going somewhere I start singing "be a goodgirl, be a good girl be a good good girl!" Over and over I don't know what I've turned into. Whenever I start it up she runs around in a circle twice and jumps onto my bed and lies down while I get ready to go where I'm going still singing the bloody thing. She doesn't follow me she she must know what it means. I think.

HorseDentist Thu 23-Mar-17 08:40:47

AC/DC Thunderstruck- little cat loves it. She could be anywhere in the house but as soon as it comes on she rushes over for a fuss.

Bogburglar75 Thu 23-Mar-17 08:41:17

Bogbastard is partial to a tuneless rendition of Londons Burning by DS (it has to be DS!)

dingit Thu 23-Mar-17 08:47:59

I love to sing to my cat, I often change words so it's about her grin she looks at me like this confusedshock

TheFlyingFauxPas Thu 23-Mar-17 08:54:13

No longer have cats but when I did one of them used to react to one song on my Eminem cd where it started with a squeaky door opening. Every time it played dcat would look up at the door to see who was coming in. Which was a bit weird 🙃 that he recognised the sound as a door as our door sounded nothing like that.

beansbananas Thu 23-Mar-17 09:03:04

I love to sing to my cats too! I change words to feature their names. Both my husband and I sing the silly songs and have done since they were kittens. They know we're talking about them, so will always come to us to be petted.

MumBod Thu 23-Mar-17 09:04:53

I had a cat that loved 'You've Got A Friend'. She'd go all purry and wind herself around me when I sang it to her.

I buried her with the lyrics when she diedsad

BaDumShh Thu 23-Mar-17 09:07:17

I love to sing to my cat, I often change words so it's about her grin she looks at me like this confused shock

I'm so glad it's not just me that does this! grin

MissJC Thu 23-Mar-17 09:29:15

My cat goes into overdrive when I serenade her with "out of this world" from The Little Mermaid. She meows in the gaps and tries to stick her little paws into my mouth. Probs trying to make me STFU grin

RubbishMantra Thu 23-Mar-17 11:26:39

Both of mine like The Smiths. Little M is fond of Justin Bieber's "Sorry", and "What Do You Mean". confused Maybe it's the pan-pipes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now