Talk

Advanced search

Wheezy rattly cat

(4 Posts)
MrsWooster Sun 19-Mar-17 10:03:20

Paddy cat has been coughing / retching. I took him to the vet and she said clear chest but very rattly in the upper resp tract. She's given an anti inflammatory and said come back on Tuesday if not better. There's not been mu h change yet and she's looking at a general anaesthetic and chest x ray to investigate. Any suggestions anyone..?

thecatneuterer Sun 19-Mar-17 11:29:50

She might need antibiotics. It could be a foreign body causing it. An x ray is probably the next step. Really there isn't much point in people trying to diagnose over the internet. Your vet is in the best position to advise. Tuesday isn't too far away.

ifonly4 Sun 19-Mar-17 16:01:17

The anti-inflammatory might take 24 hours or so to kick in. My vet gives an injection that's a mixture of anti-inflammatory and anti-biotics if there's a chance of injection, so hopefully that's what he's bad, so at least you know that's been covered.

How long is it since the injection? How is he?

MrsWooster Sun 19-Mar-17 16:38:38

Thanks
Injection was Friday and he had another dose last night. He's not off colour iyswim, just sounds really dreadful. I will wait and see. Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now