Talk

Advanced search

Poor Larry!

(8 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Sat 18-Mar-17 11:53:30

Larry the Cat who lives at 10 Downing Street has been photographed playing with a mouse and letting it escape. He was employed to keep mice at bay but he prefers sleeping to mousing! (Can't post the link) but his humiliation made it to the front page of yesterday's Times. I bet Gladstone and Palmerston are feeling very smug. grin

Toddlerteaplease Sat 18-Mar-17 11:55:16

He claims it was a tactical game and he's On a diet.

thecatneuterer Sat 18-Mar-17 11:58:03

Evie and Ossie in the Cabinet Office are fulfilling their job role though www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38262832

Of course they are. They came from Celia Hammonds and were delivered to their new home by me grin

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 18-Mar-17 12:40:33

How do you welfare check an organisation? Does someone have to take responsibility for them?.

Toddlerteaplease Sat 18-Mar-17 12:50:08

Apparently staff at the Palace of Westminster are desperate to have a resident cat. Can you imagine trying to find it in that place!!

thecatneuterer Sat 18-Mar-17 13:21:29

Fluffy - yes exactly that. We were shown where they would be living, we spoke to the people who would be in contact with them on a daily basis and one person (who had cats herself and was very welfare minded) has responsibility for their care. Should she leave the Cabinet Office she would need to appoint someone else.

They can roam throughout the building, including where there is some very expensive antique furniture. I haven't yet heard about the 18th century antique sofa being scratched to bits, but it wouldn't surprise me. They were Loc8tor tags so they can be found in the maze of rooms.

thecatneuterer Sat 18-Mar-17 13:22:04

They wear = not were - oops

Toddlerteaplease Sat 18-Mar-17 13:50:33

Ah I wondered about how they kept tabs on their whereabouts. Love the thought that cats are let loose with valuable furniture. Restores some faith in the government!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now