Talk

Advanced search

Will I ever get bored of watching my cat wash?

(28 Posts)
GinAndOnIt Thu 16-Mar-17 12:46:49

grin I just love it! The way he opens his paws to clean between his fingers, and rubs his face with his paw... aww!

Do you think cats get pissed off when we stroke them just after they've washed? GinCat sometimes pauses his washing to just stare at my hand that's just stroked him, as if he is totally outraged at me putting my grubby mits on his nice clean fur grin

SillyMoomin Thu 16-Mar-17 12:48:59

Nope!! I love watching MoominKitten. She's spreads her little paws so wiiiiiiiiiide then kind of buried her face and nuzzles into them

Then gives me a look of disdain that I'm cooing over her grin

magicstar1 Thu 16-Mar-17 12:53:59

Never...my poor cat died last year and I still have videos of her on my phone sitting on the couch washing herself. I love the little slurpy noises she used to make sad

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Thu 16-Mar-17 12:54:09

Nothing nicer than watching a cat wash their toe-beans.

GinAndOnIt Thu 16-Mar-17 13:02:37

Magic sadflowers

They just don't get how cute they look, do they? I can't stop myself burying my face into him after watching him wash - normally to the sound of DP groaning at how ridiculous I am, and a look of jealousy from GinDog - he only ever seems to be washing his arse or his bollocks, which isn't quite so cute!!

Toddlerteaplease Thu 16-Mar-17 15:02:08

You should hear the snorting that goes on when Snorg is grooming herself! Love watching it but it sets my nerves on end when short haired cat's pull at their paws when grooming.

GinAndOnIt Thu 16-Mar-17 15:18:17

Oh the snorting and snuffling, that is my favourite!

I've always had short haired cats, but GinCat is the first cat I've had who's done that paw pulling thing.. arrghhh! The first time he did it, I was sending videos to DP to ask what the bloody hell was happening!

Reow Thu 16-Mar-17 15:20:03

It's the most relaxing thing ever. I try and slip my arm or toe in to get a bit of washing too.

GinAndOnIt Thu 16-Mar-17 15:48:19

Sometimes GinCat licks my hand or fingers while he's washing, and I tell myself it's because he wants me to wash the hard to reach places with my hand grin

I need to get out more.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Thu 16-Mar-17 17:33:24

Here's Harry cleaning between his toes

Papergirl1968 Thu 16-Mar-17 18:33:27

Love watching my boy wash. I counted one day and he did about 30 swipes with his paw over one half of his face but only about three over the other.
Love the way he can be sleeping or whatever and then suddenly shoot a back leg out, contort in a way that would put an Olympic gymnast to shame and start to lick it grin

hapagirl Thu 16-Mar-17 23:22:12

No! That is one of the most awesome things about cat. They are so clean and lovely. I love watch our cat clean herself, especially the way she uses her arms to wash her face. My dds asked me if our cat thinks we are disgusting because we don't lick ourselves. I said probably.

iloveeverykindofcat Fri 17-Mar-17 11:19:30

Zara is so profoundly clumsy she can overbalance whilst grooming her toes. I think its because she has tiny feet.

GinAndOnIt Fri 17-Mar-17 12:51:01

Harry looks quite similar to my boy. Aren't you just desperate to ruffle that white fur on his tummy when he's in that position?!

Can we have a picture of Zara's tiny feet? grin

iloveeverykindofcat Fri 17-Mar-17 15:10:24

You can see them in these
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhuSyjyVa_M
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N8ED35ZcAQ
What can I say, she was bred for looks.

GinAndOnIt Fri 17-Mar-17 15:51:51

Aaahh! That's so sweet. You can see how tiny they are in the second video compared to the black cat's paws! She's so sweet

iloveeverykindofcat Fri 17-Mar-17 16:09:16

She's a darling. Is she a feline genius? No. But hey, its not like she needs to learn a living.

acatcalledjohn Fri 17-Mar-17 16:28:15

Cats washing is brilliant entertainment. Here is the bum balance private wash grin

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 17-Mar-17 17:53:02

I'd love to ruffle his fur or blow a raspberry on his belly but I value my life too much! He may not have many teeth these days but what's left are sharp, and as for the claws...

GinAndOnIt Fri 17-Mar-17 19:04:46

My boy is missing lots of teeth too! Nearly all of them confused still manages to eat mice with no bother though <rolls eyes>

He would hiss/scram anybody who dares come near his belly, unless it's me. Then he turns into a pool of jelly and purrs grin I like to think it's because I was the one who went in and picked him in the rescue centre, but it's probably just because I spend waaaay too much time with him.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 17-Mar-17 19:19:27

I've just lost a stand off with Harry over dry food. His jaw is still unstable and the vet said he had to have wet only. Try telling him that! He'll eat wet for breakfast and dinner but only dry at lunchtime. The vet gave in and told me to give him dry if that's what he wants and monitor him. I've no idea how he manages it but he seems happy enough!

They're definitely related somewhere along the line!

GinAndOnIt Fri 17-Mar-17 19:21:43

GinCat is like a drug addict when you open the wet food - I started noticing he wasn't overly fussed with dry and then realised it was because he was swallowing it whole because he couldn't chew it sad

I tried doing with some MNers suggested and poured hot water on the dry to make it soft. I have never smelt anything so terrible in my whole life envy

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 17-Mar-17 19:26:58

I have my suspicions that Harry doesn't always chew!

I tried that with the dry food - it looked as though someone had wee'd in the bowl as the liquid went a funny yellow colour and it smelt disgusting. Needless to say his lordship continued the hunger strike until I gave him some dry.

RubbishMantra Fri 17-Mar-17 20:25:54

No, you will never get bored of that! Especially when they splay their toe beans out like flower petals!

Here's one of Little M having a wash when he was small, being a little curly gymnast.

I have to help him out with his big waxy ears though.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 17-Mar-17 20:29:37

He's adorable, I just want to cuddle him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now