Talk

Advanced search

Recently moved, cat missing :(

(7 Posts)
ndanielle Sun 12-Mar-17 16:41:49

We moved house two weeks ago and my cat managed to get out on Friday night for the first time and we haven't seen him since. It's unusual for him to be out for so long, he's never done it before which leads for me to believe he's lost or heading back to our old house five miles away (which thankfully, my parents still live at). We've put his litter tray outside and we call his name and shake his biscuits — we walk around the block doing this, and in nearby fields too but to no avail sad I'm absolutely heartbroken, I just want him back. Does anyone have any similar stories where their cat has come back? Or any tips? What do you think the likelihood of him is for going back to my parents? sad

thecatneuterer Sun 12-Mar-17 17:10:54

I never really believe these stories of cats going back to old houses miles away, but I've heard it does happen. i think he is more likely to be lost closer to home.

You will need to do the posters/leaflets thing I think.

Is he chipped?

Wolfiefan Sun 12-Mar-17 17:13:03

He might just be exploring. Chat to neighbours and check he's not shut in anywhere. Is there a local lost and found pet group on FB? Call vets. And if he's microchipped then update your details with the company or they could be calling you at your old house to say he's safe!

JoandMax Sun 12-Mar-17 17:17:27

Yes, we moved 6 weeks ago and the first 10 days were traumatic! Our cat had been in a cattery for 3 weeks then kept indoors another 2 weeks so was desperate to get out.

First outing she was gone over 48 hours and then we found her on a garage roof a couple of streets away yowling like mad.

She then did the same again a few days later but did come back herself after 2 nights. Both times I was beside myself, hated not knowing where she was etc

Since then all back to her normal in and out habits.

Keep litter tray outside, put up posters or knock on neighbors doors to ask, check local vets or rescue centers. I hope your cat comes back soon

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 12-Mar-17 18:23:19

It's mild out, hopefully just exploring and eating mice.

Is he chipped?.

ndanielle Sun 12-Mar-17 18:43:48

Yeah he's been microchipped thankfully and he's neutered. We're gonna print off some posters tomorrow I think, I've put him on my social media and he's had plenty of shares and stuff so hopefully that might help sad it's just awful not knowing how he is sad

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 14-Mar-17 20:26:33

Any news?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now