Talk

Advanced search

Getting wax out of fur

(12 Posts)
msgrinch Sat 11-Mar-17 20:26:51

Any ideas? The lovely Willow has just knocked over a candle and, mid sprint off, got wax on the mid to end of her tail. She's come and sat next to me with the face of "ermm sort this human" ive picked what i can out but she's still slightly waxy.

10 year's and shes never tried to knock anything over. No more candles here. I feel awful. Im so glad she wasnt burnt. sad

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 11-Mar-17 20:31:34

I miss candles too, I even had to change the hob to induction from gas.

She'll groom it out herself.

msgrinch Sat 11-Mar-17 20:36:04

I think that will have to be the next step to, just incase. Sadly she is starting to "lose her marbles" a bit and has taken to weeing on the doormat etc.

God i hope so, she has a face like thunder and is clearly, internally, blaming me.

Trustyourself2 Sat 11-Mar-17 20:51:52

You could put an ice cube on the wax, if she'll allow you? Then when it's hard enough, just crumble it with your fingers. Don't let ice near her skin. I believe rubbing veg oil on it can do the trick, as well.

msgrinch Sat 11-Mar-17 20:53:22

Ive got some olive oil at the ready. Shes currently under the sofa giving me the look of death. I may put gloves on. Sadly no ice as the freezers decided its a fridge now.

Weedsnseeds1 Sat 11-Mar-17 21:35:31

My default for wax is brown paper and a hot iron. Not going to work for a cat is it? confused. Might be a case for manually removing the worst of it and waiting for the rest to shed naturally.

msgrinch Sat 11-Mar-17 22:32:37

I tried to work out if it was possible. Tbe thought was there. Shes let me pick alot out, whilst giving a sad face the daily mail would be proud of smile poor thing, ive never wanted her to malt more.

HemanOrSheRa Sat 11-Mar-17 22:42:38

Oh dear. Don't feel bad though. I was left to care for our kitten Frankie Knuckles while DS went to a sleepover. I got the hoover out, he bolted and hid at the back of a unit in the bedroom. First I thought I'd lost him and started crying blush. Then he appeared absolutely covered in glitter and oil from a lost Lush massage bar blush. I just towelled him off a bit then left him to sort it out with grooming. I just helped him out over the next few days with cleaning him up when he let me smile.

msgrinch Sat 11-Mar-17 22:49:04

Oh bless him. Glittery Frankie!. Well i have a waxy willow being little spoon at the moment. Going to try and pick her tail while she sleeps. I'm living the dream!

HemanOrSheRa Sat 11-Mar-17 22:58:33

That's probably the best thing to do msgrinch. Little and often.

Here is Glittery Frankie blush. Honestly, I felt awful. We put him in DS's bedroom to 'live' while he settled in. It was the first night DS had left him and I failed confusedgrin.

Weedsnseeds1 Sat 11-Mar-17 23:13:47

I quite like glittery Frankie, it's a statement look! Mind you, licking himself clean must have tasted revolting!

HemanOrSheRa Sat 11-Mar-17 23:37:45

It hasn't seemed to stunt his growth Weeds. It was a Lush Shimmy bar. He smelt gert lush. All vanillery. I probably freaked him out more by chasing him around sobbing confused.

Just as a side point msgrinch. Is your girl only weeing on the doormat? Could you change the mat to a different darker/lighter colour and texture? That might work if she's mistaking where's she's going.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now