Talk

Advanced search

Inappropriate behavious

(12 Posts)
Allergictoironing Sat 11-Mar-17 14:48:03

Both my indoor only furballs were neutered at the rescue when they first went in there, July almost 2 years ago. Today, for the first time that I've seen since I've had them almost 10 months, I saw Boycat climbing onto Girlcat & humping shock.

OK so he was actually positioned so he would have been getting where the front of her back leg joins her body, and I didn't see if he was actually trying to mate or it was only the humping movements, but it did surprise me just a bit.

He definitely has no furry little balls, as he loves being stroked all down his belly & right to where those would be if he had them - and I'm wondering if stroking him there when he loves it so much may be stimulating some form of behaviour even though he can't really be producing hormones. Or I may just be overthinking this, as I know neutered dogs still hump and just never seen it before in cats?

lljkk Sat 11-Mar-17 14:50:35

One of my boycats routinely gets himself off (rubs self around until willy is out & then has a self-satisfaction session). Rubbing his tum is a start to his turn-ons. Also been known to hump my arm. No one else, just me.

No shame! Him, not me.

Trustyourself2 Sat 11-Mar-17 19:47:43

My 20 year old neutered cat gets fruity from time-to-time. Less so these days. I haven't seen him hump my girl cats though, in fact, before one of my girl cats was neutered, she used to frequently bother him and he would get all indignant and run a mile from her.

AllTheWittyNamesAreGone Sat 11-Mar-17 19:50:29

Yeah even neutered kitties like a little dry humping.

Out old cat Paul used to hump pillows when we had guest..like a really awkward party trick, guests trying not to catch his eye.

Allergictoironing Sat 11-Mar-17 20:06:12

So nothing to worry about then it seems. Girlcat just sort of ignored him, with a sort of "sigh" look at me as if to say "boys will be boys". To be honest, I think even if he hadn't been done he's too thick to get it right grin.

TheLongRider Sat 11-Mar-17 20:46:08

This brings back unpleasant memories. We had a cat who should have been subjected to Operation Yewtree for what he used to do to his young nephews. He was neutered as were the boys but it didn't stop him from getting frisky.

Weedsnseeds1 Sat 11-Mar-17 22:06:22

A male cat's bits are directly under his bum hole ( to be blunt), not between the legs. Cats pin other cats as a dominance thing, so not necessarily sexual.

Allergictoironing Sat 11-Mar-17 22:17:58

Oh he was definitely humping and not pinning her, and she is most definitely the dominant one and will pin him while biting him frequently.

If he had his way, I'd be stroking him right down to the bum hole as well, I just don't particularly want to stroke him exactly there but every millimetre is exposed by him lying on his back with his legs spread & writhing around in bliss - he tries to push my hand even further back using his bank legs, he's a right tart!

Weedsnseeds1 Sat 11-Mar-17 22:57:12

Mine does the back paw under the wrist to steer a hand or brush to the bits he wants doing too smile. Your cat is obviously a pervert then, but not sure you can do anything to stop him!

Allergictoironing Sun 12-Mar-17 08:05:59

Ah well, a guy does have to have a hobby and as an indoor boy he can't go out to terrorise the local wildlife/poo all over next door's garden/play chicken with the traffic/get beaten up by the local ginger bully etc.

He's too thick & scared to follow his sister onto the windowsills to tease the neighbouring cats that visit her, so the only pastime he has is to bolt his food so he throws it all up, then eat some of it again a couple of hours later if he remembers where he did it grin.

RubbishMantra Sun 12-Mar-17 14:21:06

Both my neutered male cats are sex feinds. It's particularly disturbing if they attempt to maintain eye contact whilst shagging their furry object of choice.

It's funny to watch though.

LanaorAna1 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:12:50

Ach, just let it go. It's normal, probably.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now