Talk

Advanced search

Dry Kitten Food Recommendations Please

(5 Posts)
TheFurryMenace Sat 11-Mar-17 13:12:35

Hi, my 6month old female, spayed DK is on Hills Science dry kitten food. Shes in tip top health and has a nice glossy coat, good teeth, good weeing and pooing, great weight etc. Im happy with the quality. But, its so expensive, works out £11 a kilo.

I was just wondering what other good quality ones people would recommend? I know a lot of them say grain free, is this important?

I'd be glad of a bit of advice please.

RubbishMantra Sat 11-Mar-17 13:36:00

You're right, grain/cereal free definitely best. Cats are obligate carnivores, so their system doesn't deal with grains too well, often resulting in stinky, runny poos. Also grains don't fill them up properly, so they clamour for more food.

I give my boys a mix of dry and wet. Their dry food is either Orijen Cat & Kitten food, or Applaws, bought online from Zooplus.

TheFurryMenace Sat 11-Mar-17 14:14:55

Thank you for the recommendation, I defo dont want her getting runny poos! I will check out the ones you recommend.

hollinhurst84 Sat 11-Mar-17 14:22:28

Mine has Lily's kitchen dry and then natures menu/meowing heads wet
Fetch online is doing 15% off first orders, try zooplus and make sure to use quidco/top cash back wink

TheFurryMenace Sat 11-Mar-17 21:08:51

Thanks Hollinhurst, I was just looking at Lily's on Fetch. The Applaws is also very good value. Good to have a couple of options in case my kitten has a preference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now