We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Both cats have disappeared

(9 Posts)
SchnitzelVonCrumb Fri 10-Mar-17 23:38:02

We have recently moved.

During the move both of our cats ran away ( at our old house )

The problem is our old property was 17,000 hectares of farm land in the middle of nowhere.

We have everyone looking out but I am so upset and the thought of them stuck in a trap etc is terrible.

We have had one cat disappear for 6 months before - he came back a bit thin but otherwise well ( assuming he fed off mice and rabbits )

I hope they show up....

Trustyourself2 Fri 10-Mar-17 23:51:21

Oh no, what a nightmare. They'll turn up at your old place. Are there people who can let you know when they get back there. They're an absolute nuisance, aren't they.

When you get them back, keep them inside your new place for 3 weeks, at least, so they can settle in, etc.

Let us compensation as you hear anything.

Trustyourself2 Fri 10-Mar-17 23:52:25

Let us know as soon

SchnitzelVonCrumb Sat 11-Mar-17 00:42:34

There are people keeping an eye out. The big problem is that the neighbouring farm has a strict no cats policy - so they will be shot if found on it. (Like I said the properties are huge so not much chance of this happeneing)

I just feel so shit, we have moved before and they both adjusted really well. They are friendly cats who come for daily walks with kids and the dogs, love riding in the car around the farm and are just such people smoochers.

They just went missing about a week before we moved, they must have known something was up.

Terfinator Sat 11-Mar-17 00:46:13

Are they breeds or moggies?

AvaCrowder Sat 11-Mar-17 00:51:18

I hope they turn up.

Could you go and hang around where they were last seen?

SchnitzelVonCrumb Sat 11-Mar-17 01:35:50

It's a 5 hour drive to the last farm.

One is an Abyssinian the other is a black moggy.

Sorry I know there is nothing anyone can do. It's just shit time for us in general and thinking about the two of them possibly in pain is breaking my heart

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 11-Mar-17 07:38:38

That's awful for you. I know it's a very long drive but I'd go back at the weekend.

They'll go back to the house to find you.

Trustyourself2 Sat 11-Mar-17 07:57:18

Someone will find them for you or see them and keep them safe. Are they microchipped? They sound adorable.

facebook seems to be a good source for finding missing pets.

Thinking of you. They're little buggers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now