We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When do we need to start flea treating ?

(7 Posts)
AnyFucker Fri 10-Mar-17 20:51:32

Ta

Weedsnseeds1 Fri 10-Mar-17 22:49:43

When did you get the cat, was it from a rescue ( so flea treated when you got it)? Indoor or outdoor ( really should treat indoor as well, but lower risk)? Don't forget they need worming too. Mine also needs tick treatment, are you in a tick area?

AnyFucker Fri 10-Mar-17 22:53:30

Outdoor

It's not our cat but the owners do not treat it. We don't know who the owners are. It comes in our house and the year before last we got a major flea problem.

We last treated about last Oct.

PosiePootlePerkins Sat 11-Mar-17 07:55:01

Most spot on treatments are monthly. Having had a bad flea infestation Last summer I treat my cats religiously now. Also there's an injection called Program which lasts for 6 months and renders any biting female flea infertile. Used as an extra precaution rather than a treatment, could be a bit tricky though if its not your cat!

AnyFucker Sat 11-Mar-17 09:17:58

I don't know much about cat fleas. He seems free of them just now so I assumed they ate not active during the winter.

No, We can hardly take him to the vets smile

Weedsnseeds1 Sat 11-Mar-17 09:28:32

They are less active during the winter, but still around. You need to do him monthly with most treatments or every 3 months with Bravecto.

AnyFucker Sat 11-Mar-17 09:29:25

Done it today. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now