Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dry food question?

(2 Posts)
ilovewelshrarebit123 Thu 09-Mar-17 21:25:39

Ivy cat likes her food but only fish based. She is supposed to have 60g daily of Wainwrights from PAH which is their own premium food.

She also has a 50g pouch of Hi Life at 6.30 in the morning.

Both bowls are now empty by 6pm and I feel guilty! Is she getting enough, and once it's empty should she wait until the next day or would you top up?

She's been going out for three days now and seems hungrier than ever.

Would you change dry for a even better brand? Or give more pouches?

Bluwilllowtree Fri 10-Mar-17 06:42:34

I've changed my cats from ava (premium pah brand too) to applaws, my cats were eating it very fast. I also stage the food, so they get a certain regular amount all through the day (first top up 5:00 2nd 12 3rd 4 4th 9) if your working ect then just divide it up diffently. All I can help on with the food your cats have (I've picked pah staffs brains alot!) is do you buy the grain free version ? As grain is a "filler" and not very good for cats - before I changed over to applaws I did consider Jw and what put me off (from what I can remember) was it had less meat content than applaws for the grain free and grain version? And you may also want to check the meat content in hilife as my dh checked out there dry food yesterday and he said it was about 5%?! My cats are on purely from pah (not too expensive) and that's got a high meat and no grain. Sorry if that all seems confusing, i absolutely hate choosing cat food there's too much information to think about! Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now