Talk

Advanced search

Cat has the LOUDEST purr.

(10 Posts)
lavenderandrose Wed 08-Mar-17 21:07:55

It sounds as if I have a motorbike next to me smile

All mine have different purrs. Loud purrer, squeaky purrer and one with a lovely purr like melted chocolate. smile

What do yours sound like, and do you love it?

boolifooli Wed 08-Mar-17 21:09:25

Really deep purr here too. I always thought it meant contentment but reading on www suggests it's not

lavenderandrose Wed 08-Mar-17 21:10:28

Cripes, really!? Why?

MycatsaPirate Wed 08-Mar-17 21:10:46

Awww, yes we have four cats and they are all so different.

Boy cat has an internal purr. You can't hear it really but if you touch him you can feel him vibrating grin

Girl cat 1 has a lovely normal purr, girl cat 2 just snores grin and girl cat 3 sounds like a motorbike.

Also their tongues are all really different! Girl cat three has hard core sandpaper instead of the lovely soft tongue boy cat has. She takes the top layer of skin off my eyelids every morning!

MycatsaPirate Wed 08-Mar-17 21:11:49

Purring can mean contentment or stress. I think if you look at their body language - ears pinned back and twitchy tail means they are unhappy - then you can pretty much tell between the two.

Hidingtonothing Wed 08-Mar-17 21:20:28

Old boy purrs and sort of coos like a pigeon at the same time but only when he's really happy. His favourite thing is to get under a blanket and really go for it, full on kneading with his claws, purr-cooing and dribbling, painful (and slightly damp) but lovely at the same time if the blanket happens to be on my lap smile

Girl kitten has a fairly ordinary purr although it is the only 'ordinary' thing about her.

Toddlerteaplease Wed 08-Mar-17 21:25:56

Both have loud purrs. They say they purr like a Rolls Royce.grinhmm

cozietoesie Wed 08-Mar-17 21:37:20

You can tell the difference, lavender. Don't worry. smile

lavenderandrose Wed 08-Mar-17 21:38:23

This is definitely a happy cat grin

Papergirl1968 Thu 09-Mar-17 08:14:38

Quiet, snuffly, down his nose purr. And a quiet but persistent me-ow with a definite break in betweeen. Was an only one born to a young mom so I don't think he ever really learned to be a cat, and actually thinks he is one of the kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now