Talk

Advanced search

Other cats in my garden

(2 Posts)
NickMyLipple Tue 07-Mar-17 17:16:42

Any advice welcome!

I have a 6 month old kitten who is just finding his feet in the world. He has access to outside but prefers to go out into the garden when we're around.

Recently I've noticed two adult cats in our garden - both appear to be from the same house. Their garden backs on to ours.

The cats seem friendly enough - they sit at the back door but little Dennis is absolutely terrified. He puffs himself up, tail all big and broad. I work for part of the day and when I come home he's at the back door all puffed up. It must be really stressing him out. They're on his territory and he's out of control.

I've tried encouraging him outside when the other cats are there but he runs back into the house, or more recently under the garden shed (and finally comes back in about an hour later, regardless of how many times I shake the dreamies).

I was really keen to have an independant but cuddle cat- but Dennis has become a shadow of his former self, jumping at his own reflection!

What, if anything can I do about this?

NickMyLipple Tue 07-Mar-17 17:17:51

Forgot an obligatory picture!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now