Talk

Advanced search

Cat weeing on my rug

(5 Posts)
Rarity75 Tue 07-Mar-17 13:53:21

I have three cats. 2 sisters eight mo this old and a nine month old boy (not related). The girls were premature and hand reared so basically tiny for their age. Neither have been neutered as the vet advised to leave it until March. My boy was done months ago.

Mostly they are brilliant with their litter trays of which we have 3. But one of my girls keeps weeing on the living room rug angry. She has done it again today after I have just changed all of the trays and put fresh litter down. Literally 5 mins later she is weeing on the rug!

Any advice on this? She is getting booked in for sterilisation this month, will this help? Could she be territory marking? Help!!

TheresHensInTheSkirting Tue 07-Mar-17 13:59:27

If she's squatting rather than spraying she's likely not scent marking. Best to see the vet, she could well have an infection.

Rarity75 Tue 07-Mar-17 14:09:21

She's squatting, there's plenty of water out and she is a big drinker anyway. Will ring vets and get her booked in for an appointment. She's a sweet girl but I don't want a smelly house!

TheresHensInTheSkirting Tue 07-Mar-17 14:22:25

We've been having the same problems with our boy. His pee was bloody though so a more obvious infection. He had 2 weeks of antibiotics and a urology diet.
We're in to week 3 of it now and he's still trying to spray indoors.
I've got feliway on order as well as cystease as apparently this can often be brought on by stress. Good luck.

Rarity75 Tue 07-Mar-17 14:56:48

Thanks booked an appointment for her. My last cat (boy) ended up with an op for crystals in his urethra, watch out for that with your boy. Girls are plumbed differently but could still be an infection. About to steam clean the rug in an effort to make it smell sweeter. Good job playdough had already ruined it! Lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now