Talk

Advanced search

Great cat toy discovered.

(10 Posts)
iloveeverykindofcat Tue 07-Mar-17 05:41:27

Hexbugs! They are little battery-run bugs that scuttle like real insects. The cats love them. The nano (mini) ones are only a couple of pounds on ebay but they go up to advanced and complicated sets. I have bought a nano, a spider and a scarab so far. The scarab is quite creepy - it really scuttles!

RueDeDay Tue 07-Mar-17 05:42:47

My all time best cat toy is a laser pointer... Couple of pounds on eBay, hours of fun running the cats ragged while sitting on the couch with a cuppa!

EachandEveryone Tue 07-Mar-17 08:49:03

Thanks! Do they come with batteries?

iloveeverykindofcat Tue 07-Mar-17 11:04:14

Mine did but the batteries didn't last long. I think Bibi is too clever for laser pointers - she knows its not 'real' prey. Zara jumps for them though!

Oldraver Tue 07-Mar-17 12:36:20

Ernie loved the ones DS had ..cheap Poundshop ones, but I had to take them off him when a battery fell out when it got bashed.. it did worry me as he was a kitten at the time and would eat anything. Maybe the real deal ones are safer.

Ernie loves the tops/ring pulls that come off Tetra paks....he flips them carrys them around. I put a few of them in a washing basket and he went mental trying to get at them through the gaps in the basket...It took a while for him to figure to just look over the edge of the basket

TheLongRider Tue 07-Mar-17 15:19:44

Crumpled receipts are well received by my lot. We have ping-pong balls that are well loved. Top tip - if the ball gets stood on and dented, put it in the sink and pour boiling water over it and it will pop back out again.

Hair bobbins, the smooth thick ones are very popular with our problem solving kitten. She carries them around in her mouth, drops them under a mat and then spends the next 10 minutes fishing them out and hiding them again. She doesn't chew them.

iloveeverykindofcat Tue 07-Mar-17 15:30:13

Also popular here is a particular kind of plastic bottle cap, which only comes on a few very specific bottles. No substitutions accepted.

Pinkwilllowtree Tue 07-Mar-17 20:05:58

My toddler has hex bugs and when we introduced our new cat to them (accidentally) she went nuts! It was so funny! And then the batterys died.... keep meaning to replace them!

Wolfiefan Tue 07-Mar-17 20:08:17

Toys?

KonKatenate Tue 07-Mar-17 20:09:30

Catnip filled Molly Mice from Amazon go down well here. Almost as good as the Culpepper ones, which invoked ecstatic reactions (some manic, some zonked out) from all our cats. I stock-piled when Culpepper closed down but my stash is long gone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now