Talk

Advanced search

Post-spay wound - is this normal? (photo)

(7 Posts)
Banananana Sun 05-Mar-17 11:19:23

DKitten was spayed a couple of days ago. She seems ok, if more subdued than usual and hobbling around. Bit concerned about her wound as she has a pea-sized lump between the stitches. It's clean and not weeping, but wanted to check if it was normal before phoning the vet. She has a check up tomorrow anyway. Will post pic in next message as trying to do so keeps crashing my laptop!

Banananana Sun 05-Mar-17 11:22:05

photo

thecatneuterer Sun 05-Mar-17 12:02:31

I always have trouble seeing photos clearly on here, but from what I can see it does look odd although not particularly concerning. And she certainly shouldn't be hobbling!!! (Or do you mean she's just not running rather than actually limping?)

Cailleach Sun 05-Mar-17 19:38:28

One of my cats had this post-spay, only it was much bigger than that and I was thoroughly alarmed at the sight of it - it really looked as though the wound had herniated!

The vet reassured me that it was just a reaction to the operation - localised swelling and accumulation of fluid, basically - and that it would die down. Took a couple of days but it did just that.

If you're not sure, take her to the vet and ask their advice, always better safe than sorry!

Banananana Sun 05-Mar-17 19:48:54

Thanks! The emergency vet brought their post-op check forward to first thing tomorrow morning but wasn't overly concerned. Fingers crossed for the morning...

Banananana Tue 07-Mar-17 13:10:53

Just to confirm - she's finesmile

Cailleach Sat 11-Mar-17 15:08:23

Great news! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now