Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does your cat enjoy playing chase with you?

(10 Posts)
pilates Wed 01-Mar-17 22:16:26

Coz mine does smile

Just wondered if anyone else does this with their cat or whether I'm the only nutty one

timtam23 Wed 01-Mar-17 22:32:30

Mine too...we play hide & seek, I hide, he comes to find me & then likes to chase me/be chased. He likes to race me along the landing, especially if I get a head start (he always wins!)

pilates Wed 01-Mar-17 22:36:47

Ahh good, not just me then grin

CuppaTeaAndAJammieDodger Wed 01-Mar-17 22:58:19

I read your title as "does your cat like playing chess with you", I thought, well that really shows my moggy (who just fell off his perch above the radiator) right up smile

RubbishMantra Thu 02-Mar-17 00:40:01

Playing chess grin MCat would just throw the chess pieces at me in a flouncy fit of pique. Little M would do a sort of Scooby Doo scrabble, and send the pieces flying in all directions.

They both like racing me up the stairs and poking me through the bannister.

pilates Thu 02-Mar-17 08:04:34

Yes poking me through the bannister too grin

TimeIhadaNameChange Thu 02-Mar-17 09:45:49

My cat doesn't play chase, but she does like hiding behind the bushes which line the front path so she can pounce on us as we pass. She also loves coming on "adventures" with me in the back garden.

There was one time DP and I were building trout pools in the burn and she spent half an hour screaming at me to stop being stupid and get out of the water, culminating with her walking along the branch overhanging the water to moan at me from above. Deciding there was too great a risk of her slipping and falling in I got out and went for a walk with her along the bank instead. She was as happy as Larry!

She also used to love coming down the garden with me of a morning to feed the ducks. I used to recite my own version of Going on a Bear Hunt as we went down, and it would end up with her sitting and supervising me going into the "Bear Pen". She would be really cross if she missed this game! Hopefully she'll do it again when we get another flock this year.

I did have a rabbit who would play chase with me, both me chasing her and her running after me. My NDN loved seeing us play together, and said he realised how much fun rabbits could be.

Toddlerteaplease Thu 02-Mar-17 12:02:59

I read it as playing chess as well!

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 02-Mar-17 14:20:07

dodger 😹

Oldraver Sun 05-Mar-17 23:37:34

Yes Ernie loves playing hide and seek sort of.

He will hold his head in a certain way and stare at me...usually while half hidden.I will stare at him then 'hide'...which usually means just bobbing my head out of sight. He will then charge me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now