Talk

Advanced search

I think he's fallen...

(19 Posts)
9GreenBottles Mon 27-Feb-17 23:54:13

When I met my partner I had three cats; they are my babies and I am their Mum. My partner had a dog as a child but no pets since. Over the years we have been together, I've smiled as I've seen and heard him engaging with the cats, chatting, miaowing etc.

We moved in together last year and another cat decided to treat our house like a hotel, and then moved in full time. He's gradually got more friendly and my nose has been a bit out of joint because as he started to sit on my partner's lap instead of mine - the cat lover!

So they have a special relationship, and tonight it's been confirmed after my partner had been away for a couple of nights. I heard him chatting to the cat in the bathroom "so have you missed your Dad?"

He's a cat lover now, isn't he? grin

Toddlerteaplease Tue 28-Feb-17 06:19:08

Aww. That's really sweet. I persuaded my best friend to adopt two cats last year. His first ever pets at the age of 66. His transformation in to being a devoted cat parent has been lovely to see. He's besotted with them. He laughs when I refer to him as their daddy, but I think he enjoys it secretly!

9GreenBottles Tue 28-Feb-17 08:23:51

I agree about the secret feelings. My partner moans about the cat hair, carpet scratching etc but he goes round and pets them all every morning, has special scratching sessions with one, brushes his teeth with another and frequently is joined by one in the loo - that's not just tolerating, that's love! grin

Oldraver Tue 28-Feb-17 13:35:49

OH is more of a dog lover, we've now got an 18 month old cat and they love each other.

When we first got him OH wasn't keen on me calling the cat baby baba or such. Its now evolved into bubub or bub.

I caught OH recently saying 'Bub' to the cat grin

cozietoesie Tue 28-Feb-17 13:58:02

I just attribute most everything to Seniorboy. ('I need to do X because that's what Seniorboy likes/needs etc etc'.)

Accepted without question. grin

Toddlerteaplease Tue 28-Feb-17 14:11:21

The world should quite rightly revolve around senior boy, cozie.

Wolfiefan Tue 28-Feb-17 14:12:38

Toddler is correct. The world should entirely revolve around the axis that is seniorboy. wink

9GreenBottles Tue 28-Feb-17 14:43:08

The whole world revolves around cats full stop. We know that! grin

I'm relatively new here and have seen mention of Seniorboy whom I believe was quite elderly when you got him, and even more elderly now? May I see a photograph of him please?

cozietoesie Tue 28-Feb-17 14:51:13

This is one from December.

9GreenBottles Tue 28-Feb-17 15:40:29

What a handsome boy! Thank you. Always wanted a Siamese for the blue eyes but have had feral kitten who was mistaken for a Snowshoe, and now have a Snowshoe x Serengeti cross to make up for it and here she is in all her cross eyed splendour grin

cozietoesie Tue 28-Feb-17 16:24:56

Firstcat had eyes which occasionally crossed and a kink in his tail. smile (It was many years ago, though, before such matters were regarded as breed 'faults' and bred out of Siamese lines.)

9GreenBottles Tue 28-Feb-17 16:51:53

Yes, Siamese have changed a lot over the years. I still think they are beautiful.

Chloe doesn't have a squint all the time but she does have "wobbly" eyes which I believe may be common in oriental type cats.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 28-Feb-17 18:43:28

That's a very intent look seniorboy is giving you cozie, what was required?.

Chloe Is a beautiful girl.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Tue 28-Feb-17 18:47:44

I love seeing pictures of Seniorboy!

cozietoesie Tue 28-Feb-17 19:19:39

Just to 'be', Fluffy. Siamese just like to gaze upon their person.

RubbishMantra Tue 28-Feb-17 22:46:35

Oh yes, the gazing upon their person. MCat used to do it to DH, who I must admit was v. v. handsome. He does it to me now. Little M gazes at MCat. I have wondered if MCat has some Siamese in his ancestry because of his bondedness.

Little M resembles a Siamese, (colour-points) but just bounces about like Tigger, doing his thing.

Trustyourself2 Tue 28-Feb-17 22:55:08

Yes, he has fallen. I've known the most anti cat people fall, and of course they deny, but I know different. What is this power over us that cats have?

9GreenBottles Wed 01-Mar-17 00:49:33

Trustyourself It's magic! grin

Trustyourself2 Wed 01-Mar-17 09:53:26

9GreenBottles or trickery!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now