Talk

Advanced search

Cat proof gardens

(13 Posts)
Kiroro Mon 27-Feb-17 16:10:55

I want to get my garden cat proofed so I can start letting out the kitten out.

Garden isn't massive but I figure being in a cat-proof garden with some soil and a tree and sunshine is better than being inside all the time. Don't want him to roam into other peoples gardens/houses.

Does anyone have any experience with the various cat proof fence topper companies? Any recommendations? Also some photos to see how unobtrusive (or not!) the toppers look would be great.

I'm not keen on the prison yard look that most are going for, given it is a small garden this will be very obvious.

Two cats currently come through my garden, the come from the road side over my fence, then go up onto my shed and then into the garden at the back there so I'm slightly worried about 'trapping' other cats in the garden as well. Anyone had that issue?

loveka Mon 27-Feb-17 18:12:30

Google purrfect fence. We are looking to do the same as you.

Kiroro Mon 27-Feb-17 18:28:11

Thanks - yes I saw that one - looks like it woudl be v effective. Have you had a quote loveka?

I have also seen this one which might be a bit more unobtrusive although it looks more expensive (based on nothing but my impression form the photos!)
www.katzecure.com/

Belle2828 Mon 27-Feb-17 23:38:51

I used protectapet around my property and it's the best thing I ever did I had two cats hurt by neighbours .one killed the other nearly killed.,resulting in a major operation to save her life.It was the best thing I did for my cats and myself.I was constantly trying to keep them indoors which was impossible as every time I went to the bin etc they would run out .Then I would be literally ill with worry at what would happen to them. It was expensive but well worth it for me and considering the cost of the op to save my little cat who was nearly kicked to death to the point where all her organs were in her rib cage which should have been in abdomen...it works out cheaper in the long run with having evil shits like that who can get hold of cats.I would tell all cat owners to get it to safeguard their cats.

Kiroro Tue 28-Feb-17 09:09:48

Belle2828 that sounds like a glowing review. Would you be able to post a photo of a bit of the garden so I can see what the fence looks like in a 'real' garden not on the 'sales' pages of the websites?

I'm hoping the installation will be no more than £2k... Maybe i'm dreaming!

loveka Tue 28-Feb-17 10:02:39

Belle I am so sorry you went through that. My heart aches for you, it's just unbearable.

Belle2828 Tue 28-Feb-17 10:38:09

Thanks Loveka. Sure Kiroro I will post an image for you. It's looking out from back and there is a Cattery I had built for them initially but it wasn't ideal so then had fencing done.

Belle2828 Tue 28-Feb-17 10:46:15

Other cats won't get in as if a cat can get in your cat could get out by getting on same roof.The system goes on all the sheds and areas where a cat may use to jump on to get out.I have two sheds and the system goes around the top of sheds.Believe me I don't even notice it and what I was worried about living on coast was that it would rip off when storm Dora hit but it didn't.I kept looking because that was a massive test I thought and I had to keep an eye on my cats.....

Kiroro Tue 28-Feb-17 13:53:31

Thanks for the photo Belle2828 - it actually looks v unbotrusive, oculd hardly see it in your photo

ElegantDream Tue 28-Feb-17 21:54:41

We used Securacat and we are really pleased with it.

Kiroro Wed 01-Mar-17 15:04:44

Thanks ElegantDream I will check them out too

ZeKatfromjapn Thu 02-Mar-17 18:38:46

Has anyone used Kazecure- look a bit less obtrusive... www.katzecure.com our cat was run over and sadly killed at the weekend (devastated) and if we have another we will have to consider this- anyone used it?

ElegantDream Thu 02-Mar-17 19:02:41

I got a quote, but is was much, much more expensive, plus I was worried about the weight of the system and my only fences coping with the weight of it plusnstring winds etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now