Talk

Advanced search

Ragdoll not using new litter tray.

(5 Posts)
Olympiathequeen Mon 27-Feb-17 14:16:24

My cat used an old litter tray well provided it was cleared regularly.
Decided to spend £47 on a fancy one that sifts the poo to the bottom and makes it easier to clean. It means it's a little high. The cat decided he didn't want to climb up into this elevated entrance and being stupid I left him to it. Instead I find he's seeing and pooing in odd places and paddling the pee over my carpets!

How can I persuade him to go in his new box. I'll put some bricks in front like steps to make it easier, but I think he's got used to peeing in my house. shock

Kiroro Mon 27-Feb-17 14:54:53

Is it the same litter? If not you need to mix the new and old litter together and then gradually increase amount of new litter.

Def make it easier for him to climb in.

Clean the current poo spots really well!

Maybe put something down to make the current poo spots less attractive e.g. sticky backed plastic?

Olympiathequeen Mon 27-Feb-17 14:58:28

Thanks. Do you know of any good products for getting rid of the smell and make it more likely he uses the new tray? Will get some sticky plastic.

Kiroro Mon 27-Feb-17 15:18:14

I don't have any real recommendations but buy an enzyme cleaner for cat urine.

TBH if I was in your position I might just give up and put the old tray back because I find scooping poo easier than cleaning up poo and wee from carpets!

Hope you can get it sorted :-)

Olympiathequeen Mon 27-Feb-17 17:17:03

Cheers. It was falling to pieces but I'll dig it out! Maybe mr pickles is scared of heights. Off to get cleaning stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now