Talk

Advanced search

Sleeping in cat carrier, does she want to go to the vet?

(18 Posts)
EachandEveryone Sat 25-Feb-17 20:02:35

She hates the bloody thing normally. She had a new tin of posh food tonight. Tuna. She threw it up about two hours later and was asleep on my bed. I went to check on her and couldnt find her anywhere i thought she had escaped, not responding to her bell or anything. The tab alarm thing said she was in my room i thought she was dead under a pile of suitcases! No shes curled up in her carrier that she can hardly fit into. Is this ok? Or, does it mean shes poorly?

Trustyourself2 Sat 25-Feb-17 20:25:31

My cats have gone into their carriers the odd time. She probably just wants some timeout because she's feeling poorly. See how she is through the night, I'm sure she'll bounce back.

EachandEveryone Sat 25-Feb-17 20:28:06

Well I'll be going to bed soon have to be up at 530 should I leave any food out?

witwootoodleoo Sat 25-Feb-17 20:31:51

She'll be fine. Leave some food out - unlike dogs cats are generally sensible enough not to eat if they're not feeling up to it

alitee36 Sat 25-Feb-17 20:53:47

There's no logic to cat behaviour! Just because she hates the carrier one day doesn't mean she'll hate it the next. Sometimes they like small enclosed spaces as it makes them feel safe (I think), it's like sitting in a box. Leave food out, she'll probably eat it and be ok. Mine will thrown up then half an hour later eat and be fine.

BertieBotts Sat 25-Feb-17 20:55:32

grin Nah she probably just wants a nice enclosed private space to sleep!

Trustyourself2 Sat 25-Feb-17 21:04:52

Yes, leave a little bit of grub for her. She'll have it when she's good and ready.

Good luck getting up at 5.30. Can't bear that time of day meself.

EachandEveryone Sat 25-Feb-17 21:23:14

I know I would love a g and t

Trustyourself2 Sat 25-Feb-17 21:54:52

You can have one tomorrow with puss sitting on your lap!

EachandEveryone Sun 26-Feb-17 03:59:00

It's 4 am she came onto my bed and hasn't moved she's really stinky like old trainers.

Trustyourself2 Sun 26-Feb-17 08:09:14

I know it's the obvious thing to say, but if she's not any better today, the vet will need to take a look at her. She might need an anti bi injection or could have a tooth problem?

Hope you're not too tired after your early rising.

EachandEveryone Sun 26-Feb-17 08:35:51

What's anti bi? I've never had a cat before

witwootoodleoo Sun 26-Feb-17 08:36:45

Antibiotic. Is she bright enough in herself? Has she had anything to eat since?

Trustyourself2 Sun 26-Feb-17 08:39:54

Sorry, it's an antibiotic. How's she doing now? Sometimes cats do have their off days, then bounce back. See how she is later & take her to vet tomorrow if no better.

EachandEveryone Sun 26-Feb-17 08:54:22

I'm at work now until 8pm. She was ok had half a sachet but just licked the gravy off and the dry food had gone down. She went out onto the balcony was chattering to go out. There's a ginger boy around and she's keen to see him. Bless her she knows once I've got out the shower she has to come in as I'm going to work. No poos over night.

witwootoodleoo Sun 26-Feb-17 09:09:54

Unless she goes downhill just wait and see how she is tomorrow. Likely it's just a bit of a big and she'll be feeling much better.

Trustyourself2 Sun 26-Feb-17 10:43:44

Ginger boys are lovely. Hope she gets a glimpse of him today & starts to feel better.

Vinorosso74 Sun 26-Feb-17 11:22:02

They do sometimes have an off day, see how she is when you get home and if no better, vet trip tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now