Talk

Advanced search

I have a dilemma, wwyd?

(6 Posts)
Littlemissindependent Sat 25-Feb-17 09:54:52

I apologise if this is rambling!
Pre DD I volunteered at a local cat sanctuary for 3 years. Due to a bad break up (and I'm not proud of this) one of my cats that I had previously homed from this sanctuary, I ended up having to take back there. She was semi feral and certainly not a lap cat, tbh you couldn't even stroke her. However, she was happy with other cats. Just not people!
Anyway, unfortunately due to a lack of funding, the sanctuary is now having to close down sad. And obviously they need to rehome the cats that are still there. I feel as though I should take her back (and have spoken to the sanctuary who are happy to let me do this). However, I'm worried what impact this would have on my cats I currently have and whether I may be acting out of guilt. I'm really not sure what to do for the best and would appreciate any advice!

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Sat 25-Feb-17 09:56:52

You can only try - then maybe you would have to try and rehome her yourself if it didn't work out. . She will remember you and your home so that's a positive start! She may have mellowed also. ...

thecatneuterer Sat 25-Feb-17 10:54:32

I think you are probably her only hope. Semi ferals are near impossible to home. And, she will have the advantage of already knowing you and her former territory. Your other cats will adjust.

Trustyourself2 Sat 25-Feb-17 22:03:29

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017

^
This.

Good luck. Do the other cats have homes to go to?

Littlemissindependent Sun 26-Feb-17 07:48:39

Trust I believe there are around a dozen left to be rehomed. Half of those are the 'residents' who were never put up for rehoming due to their circumstances/personalities.

Reow Mon 27-Feb-17 13:05:47

No harm in giving it a go. All you can do is do your best.

Can you set up your shed with a cat flap and a warm comfy area, so she can come and go as she pleases and doesn't have to live with humans if she doesnt want, but at least you'll know she's fed and has a warm bed if she wants it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now