Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Spider bite

(9 Posts)
gingertigercat Fri 24-Feb-17 20:37:29

sad poor little bugger was having a go at a spider (his favourite) and he suddenly leapt back and started pawing at his face so the spider must have bit him!

He seems ok in himself, just a bit alert but I feel terrible! The spider was only little like a baby house spider.

Please tell me I'm being a crazy person and he'll be fine and may have learned his lesson!

Iris65 Fri 24-Feb-17 20:42:09

He'll be fine! Just keep an eye on him for any signs of allergy.

Iris65 Fri 24-Feb-17 20:44:45

Presuming you are in the U.K. of course 😀

gingertigercat Fri 24-Feb-17 20:50:41

Thanks iris! Yes uk based here!

RubbishMantra Fri 24-Feb-17 21:19:01

I got one on my lower back once, in summer while I was fishing. Took bloody ages to heal because I think the venom sort of turns the localised area blistery and liquidy. He may've just had a scare, but keep an eye on him.

Also in UK.

RubbishMantra Fri 24-Feb-17 21:22:13

*...is he a kitten? Little M began pawing at his mouth about 6 months, IIRC, due to his adult teeth emerging.

gingertigercat Fri 24-Feb-17 21:34:07

Thanks all! No he's nearly 2 and he's tried eating wasps and all sorts before now and been ok but this bite obviously really hurt him which is what I didn't like! Giving him lots of fusses, no blisters or swelling so far, fingers crossed!

Weedsnseeds1 Fri 24-Feb-17 22:03:30

UK spiders are not too dangerous normally. I have been bitten twice by dodgy ones ( in Louisiana and Spain of all places), the venom is necrotising so you get a sort of rotting hole that leaves a scar. Keep an eye on the cat just in case, but mine have all been spider eaters with no ill effect.

Weedsnseeds1 Fri 24-Feb-17 22:06:41

Forgot about bitch cat that brought a hornet into the kitchen to torment while I cooked dinner. She lost interest once it got really angry, so let it go. I honestly thought someone had broken in and hit me with a claw hammer. The pain was indescribable and I had a lump like half a tennis ball. Cat was fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now