Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need a complete, high meat% shredded meat type cat food...

(16 Posts)
Dulcimena Fri 24-Feb-17 16:22:29

Hello,

My old girl is very fussy and after much trial and error finally had her settled on Thrive Complete from zooplus. They have now been out of stock for weeks and nowhere else seems to have them in at reasonable prices. Its not due back in for another 2 weeks and I need to feed my girl.

Can anyone rec a shredded meat type food that is complete (so not Applaws or Encore unfortunately) and has a decent meat content? Preferably chicken or poultry. She has a delicate tummy so on vet's advice no gravy, jelly, etc.

Thought we'd cracked this one...

cozietoesie Fri 24-Feb-17 16:39:50

You can still get that food from other online suppliers.

cozietoesie Fri 24-Feb-17 16:43:23

Try Monster Pet foods.

TheWayYouLookTonight Fri 24-Feb-17 16:48:37

Hi life? Their 'tempt me' pouches are shredded meat I think. Meat content is pretty good and they are complete and grain free.

www.hilifepet.co.uk/cats/temptme/just+chopped+chicken+in+jelly+85g/

Hmm just looked and they say they have jelly in, though I would say there's not much jelly in the pouches at all compared to cheaper brands.

Dulcimena Fri 24-Feb-17 16:59:57

Thewayyoulook She's not keen on Hilife - properly fussy old girl!

Cozie, I hadn't come across Monster in my googling - thank you! Just ordered. smile

fueledbybacon Fri 24-Feb-17 17:02:13

Mine go mad for this ...

m.zooplus.ie/shop/cats/canned_cat_food_pouches/schesir

Dulcimena Fri 24-Feb-17 17:23:48

I've not tried that Schesir stuff - I like the prices and it definitely looks like the sort of thing she'd go for, but it seems to be complementary? That's the one niggle I have with zooplus, I would love to be able to filter by complete foods rather than go into each and every product.

FunkinEll Fri 24-Feb-17 19:33:48

Natures menu kitten sounds like what you're after but not sure about the adult stuff. It does have a very thin layer of jelly but nothing like main stream cat food

Mistoffelees Fri 24-Feb-17 19:36:45

Have you had a look on the happy kitty company website? They stock quite a range, including some for sensitive tums which I think is in the Ropocat brand. We buy that brand, omnomnom and Granatapet, all of these go down well with ours but do have some jelly in but like pp said nowhere near as much as whiskas and the like.

FunkinEll Fri 24-Feb-17 19:43:02

This is the adult version fetch.co.uk/natures-menu-chicken-turkey-cat-pouches-12-x-100g-234387011

Dulcimena Fri 24-Feb-17 21:55:30

Thanks! Some new brands there to investigate. Appreciated!

Kiroro Mon 27-Feb-17 10:26:01

Carny?

www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/pet_food/animonda_pet_food/rafine?gclid=CjwKEAiAuc_FBRD7_JCM3NSY92wSJABbVoxBTly1j8zCH0iTz9MozPG89hGhlizYKxDyCG2f2-GJCxoCJrjw_wcB

Previously1488218868 Tue 28-Feb-17 13:59:00

Natures Menu is a kind of pate. It is high meat content though.

Almo Nature is complete. Not as sloppy as the Thrive tins but you could mash it up with some water if it was too dry.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Tue 28-Feb-17 18:52:22

Natures Menu pouches are complete meals. They are quite solid when they come out of the pouch so I have to mash it up into a pate consistency as Harry struggles as he's hasn't got any fangs!

I've just given 40-odd of the chicken and turkey pouches to charity as his lordship refused to eat them!

cozietoesie Tue 28-Feb-17 19:31:34

They're surprisingly pink, also. (No human-oriented food colouring, I suppose.) I've found that Seniorboy has started drinking more since he's been on them as I guess they're not so .........slushy.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Tue 28-Feb-17 20:30:53

This is a picture of the beef flavour before and after mashing and of his lordship tucking in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now