Talk

Advanced search

How long will this hold her interest I wonder?

(45 Posts)
EachandEveryone Thu 23-Feb-17 20:25:45

It was reduced that's my excuse. And quite stylish i thought!

isseywithcats Thu 23-Feb-17 20:42:25

and she looks very stylish sitting on it i bought one of those flat willow cat scratch boxes with the holes in the side and ball inside from pets at home for like £8 thinking it would last around 3 months, 2 years later my big ginger boy sleeps on it , the girl cat plays with the ping pong ball inside it and foster kittens love it for chasing each other, and its still in one piece best £8 i ever spent

Vinorosso74 Thu 23-Feb-17 20:43:05

Oh she's gorgeous posing away.

cozietoesie Thu 23-Feb-17 20:46:16

Those back paws are seriously posey! smile

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 23-Feb-17 20:49:02

She looks pleased with your offering! She's a gorgeous girl.

Did it come with catnip?

TrustySnail Thu 23-Feb-17 20:53:26

A beautiful puss you have there, and the bed is very stylish.

cozietoesie Thu 23-Feb-17 21:02:45

Errr - reduced to what?? grin

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Thu 23-Feb-17 21:04:38

My cat is identical!! Is it the cardboard thing from asda??

hollinhurst84 Thu 23-Feb-17 21:07:36

issey- I am on my second one of those, Ollie plays with the ball, scratches it like crazy and sleeps on it!

EachandEveryone Thu 23-Feb-17 21:42:40

God forgive me it wasnt cheap. Thank you for liking her shes my only cat and ive never really wanted one all these years. Now its just me and her and she rules the roost im bloody exhausted! This is the first time ive sat down today and im not ashamed to say im pouring bubbles and settling down to watch Girls from last night. She seems happy enough but my friend told me that when they are truely happly they do a little dance and my girl doesnt dance! My friends looks like shes doing an irish jig shes so happy! Is that a ragdoll thing?

EachandEveryone Thu 23-Feb-17 21:43:03

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004X6UEH6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&tag=mumsnetforum-21

wtffgs Thu 23-Feb-17 22:16:51

What a stunning cat. Telly, bubbles and a cat - it sounds like a perfect combination.

Now please excuse me, mad old tom cat has thrown up again after snaffling biscuits. I returned home tonight to a vomit and diarrhoea-splattered room. I love the very bones of the daft, demented old bugger but he's hard work sometimes!

PosiePootlePerkins Thu 23-Feb-17 22:20:40

Clicked on the link thinking I might order one, then I saw the priceshock I love my cats but not that muchgrin

cozietoesie Thu 23-Feb-17 22:20:44

Each

I've never had a cat who did 'a little dance' and they've all been perfectly fine. She looks 'just so' in that picture. smile

cozietoesie Thu 23-Feb-17 22:23:32

In fact, she reminds me quite forcibly of Oneago as a kitten - quite happy to be adored and admired as long as you gave him enough time to pose to perfection and made sure to get his 'good side'. grin

EachandEveryone Thu 23-Feb-17 22:52:38

I know I think she'd be a good model she loves the attention shame I don't think there is such a thing. I saw some dogs at the hospital the other day going to be petted by the patients I don't suppose it's practical for cats but she would love that. She's not one for going to far thank god as we live in a flat. I don't know what I'd do if she wanted to be out roaming all the time. Does that come with age or will she be a homebody?

Yes I've seen the dance with my own eyes.She looks like Nellie Olsen from little house of the prairie dancing for her papa it's a proper dance!!!

EachandEveryone Thu 23-Feb-17 22:52:56

On tip toes

EachandEveryone Thu 23-Feb-17 22:56:24

I know it was dear but she's really gone off the flat scratching mats. Let's see if she still likes it tomorrow. At the moment she's asleep after having three dinners in a row. She must see me coming.

cozietoesie Thu 23-Feb-17 23:08:02

....Does that come with age?....

It's more usually the other way round in my own experience. smile

EachandEveryone Thu 23-Feb-17 23:12:11

She's got a bloke she goes and sits on the balcony with him so far hasn't followed him when he goes walkabout. I really don't want her to as my landlady won't allow a catflap. She sits on my Mrs next doors step waiting for him to come out.

blueistheonlycolourwefeel Thu 23-Feb-17 23:23:54

You paid £40 and it's made of cardboard!!!!??????

EachandEveryone Thu 23-Feb-17 23:29:23

Its really heavy and solid she'd never knock it over. Yes, i know im daft. Ive got a cupboard of beds shes never looked at. Like i said its just me and her its not leaving me short.

RubbishMantra Fri 24-Feb-17 00:41:00

Beautiful cat, looks most regal on her newly acquired furniture.

Little M, my Devon Rex is a dancer. I can only describe it as a sort of manic, leaping, leggy Riverdance. MCat, my B&W mogster likes to just pose, looking handsome. He feels he's far too cool to dance.

hollinhurst84 Fri 24-Feb-17 00:50:12

Ollie does a mild paw raise, but mainly his "happy" is rubbing his face on me, head bopping, and trying to kiss me

EachandEveryone Fri 24-Feb-17 00:51:46

Yes it's like a river dance I've never seen anything like it. My friend said she only does it on her fleece dressing gown though she doesn't like hard ground!!

My girl hates fleece or any kind of fluffy material. She'd rather lie on a slab of stone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now