Talk

Advanced search

Cats and Music

(21 Posts)
RubbishMantra Tue 21-Feb-17 23:23:24

Both the boys seem to enjoy Chvrches. Little M is particularly drawn towards Night music by Grimes.

Anyone else have a cat who likes music?

cozietoesie Tue 21-Feb-17 23:45:16

Seniorboy likes sound - but his preference is for movie soundtracks (just as well) and indifferent American crime shows.

RubbishMantra Wed 22-Feb-17 00:04:51

It's funny Cozie, they'll actually come and sit on my lap when I'm playing particular songs. For eg. if I'm playing the Pina Colada song, they hide under the sofa steer well clear.

Weedsnseeds1 Wed 22-Feb-17 08:08:56

The only time mine really pays attention is if there is something on that features cats meowing!

Toddlerteaplease Wed 22-Feb-17 20:37:04

Mine like polyphony and choral church music of course.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 22-Feb-17 21:10:05

Ours is ok with my music. 1960's pop, the stones, Johnny cash & then 1980's & current pop.

He doesn't like dhs music, R1 or when Dh plays guitar. Dh has in the past packed his guitar away because the cat wanted a snooze on the bed & it was keeping him awake. If he's in the lounge the cat stands on the patio door ledge shouting at him.

When he briefly owned a bass guitar the cat would stand with a paw on his arm shouting at him to stop. He really hated the bass.

I think this means my cat has excellent taste in music, Dh thinks both of us have no musical taste.

I'm happy though because there's no way he'd stop playing guitar for me but the cats got a proven track record of noise reduction.

Trustyourself2 Wed 22-Feb-17 22:52:21

My little girl is terrified of music, it scares the life out of her, so I have to listen with the buds.

cozietoesie Wed 22-Feb-17 22:57:53

Any music played on anything?

LanaorAna1 Fri 24-Feb-17 13:09:02

Mr C isn't bothered, but he looks v disapproving when I change the bed with the ipod in, rocking out to NWA while flailing with the sheets.

Asbo ought to work for NME. smile

RubbishMantra Fri 24-Feb-17 15:40:09

I imagine Mr. C would suit a blue bandana and a fat gold chain bouncing off his chest. You could even plait his hair into tiny tabby corn-rows!

Asbo might have just been joining in with DH's guitar playing. A pub a few doors down from me often has bands in on a Sunday lunch time. Little M sometimes joins in. At first I just thought they had an unusual choice in backing vocals - "OooooWeeeeOoooh".

RubbishMantra Fri 24-Feb-17 15:48:09

Oh, and he LOVES sheet change day, L. While I'm flapping the bed linen, he does a big jump, sort of flies through the air, slides along the sheets then attacks them. Not helpful. But very amusing.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 24-Feb-17 18:14:15

Asbo needs a flipping job full stop.

It's definitely not a joining in miaow. I'm 100% on that.

Tabby cornrows made me laugh.

LanaorAna1 Fri 24-Feb-17 18:33:26

Mr C is thrilled to bits with your styling M - You know WHAT TIME it is

Big clock on chest, marking next mealtime, that's what time it is in our house. All the time.

He might, on his birthday, wear a frightful T shirt with a pussy joke on it and I would be heard screaming You're Not Leaving The House Like That.

RubbishMantra Mon 13-Mar-17 13:10:47

No Crocodile skin slip-on shoes though, or leering at scantily clad dancing kittens young enough to be their grand-daughter. That's when you have to firmly put your foot down.

RubbishMantra Tue 21-Mar-17 19:45:57

Little M's added Justin Bieber onto his "enjoy" list. He finds it soothing, apparently. don't ask why I allowed Mr. beeb to be played on my device

He tells me he's sorry...

Vinorosso74 Tue 21-Mar-17 20:12:12

Vinocat seems to have little interest in music. Previous cat used to like The Smiths and Morrisey. He also liked watching horse racing....

PinkSparklyPussyCat Tue 21-Mar-17 20:46:14

I like to think Harry is a Bruce Springsteen fan. That way I can say to DH that Harry wanted to listen to him, not me! I'm not sure he believes me though...

RubbishMantra Tue 21-Mar-17 20:50:20

Both my boys like The Smiths too. I wonder why cats find the sound of Morrisey's voice so soothing? He is an animal rights activist - maybe there's something in his tone...?

RubbishMantra Tue 21-Mar-17 21:19:47

God, Pink, I think that's one of the first albums I ever owned. Born In The USA, isn't it? I love that song, "I'm On Fire".

PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 22-Mar-17 09:07:18

God, Pink, I think that's one of the first albums I ever owned. Born In The USA, isn't it? I love that song, "I'm On Fire".

I love it! Poor DH has has been dragged along to see Bruce twice (no one else will go with me) and he says he's been brainwashed!

RubbishMantra Thu 23-Mar-17 00:31:35

Am going to have a reminisce and a listen now! And treat the boys to some warbling... Your DH sounds wonderful Pink. Give him a proper massive hug.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now