Talk

Advanced search

Builders next week, cattery or not?

(8 Posts)
EachandEveryone Mon 20-Feb-17 20:41:50

It's a flat and the landlady is putting a new kitchen in the builder said two weeks! I really don't think it will take that long. She had her first stay at the cattery two weeks ago for a week. I didn't realise she would be outside. She came home thinner and shouted at me a lot but they said she was lovely. Her litter tray is in the back of the kitchen. As is her food. Will I have to make be it all into my room? Or is it kinder to send her off again? I haven't got much money

DubiousCredentials Mon 20-Feb-17 20:54:41

We had similar thoughts when we had building work done but decided to keep the cat at home in the end. She was fine and just stayed well away from where the work was being gone. We moved her food and litter to somewhere quiet too. Obviously she was the first to have a nose round each day after the builders had left 🤔

thecatneuterer Mon 20-Feb-17 20:59:36

Putting in a new kitchen isn't major building work. I would put her in a spare room/the bathroom/your bedroom with her tray for a while and then see how it goes. You will obviously have to relocate the tray while the work goes on.

EmmaC78 Mon 20-Feb-17 21:01:26

I have been having a lot of work done on my house recently and have just been locking the cat in the bedroom with the food and litter tray. He has been totally fine and has just slept through the noise.

EachandEveryone Mon 20-Feb-17 21:31:22

I feel better about that thanks

EachandEveryone Mon 20-Feb-17 21:31:57

I let her out whilst I'm in the flat do you think she would run awat

Wolfiefan Mon 20-Feb-17 21:33:21

We had new bathrooms when kitties were young. We shut them in our bedroom with litter tray, food and water in en suite. Let them into the house once builders have gone. Leave door to kitchen shut in case there are holes they can disappear down or other hazards.

EachandEveryone Sun 26-Feb-17 06:42:21

I've booked her in as I have to do two nights that week I will need to sleep and it's not fair to her

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now