Talk

Advanced search

Cat pee on the tv...

(6 Posts)
alitee36 Sun 19-Feb-17 09:48:05

Does anyone else's cat pee on the telly? Mine does, every few weeks there's be a little puddle on the tv stand. No idea why. He has a litter tray and goes out a couple of times a day. I've put a board behind the tv so he can't pee on the back of the telly itself so now he pees at the side. No real damage luckily but annoying! Any ideas why?

AnarchyKitty Sun 19-Feb-17 09:50:41

Probably the hit electrical smell is attracting him. I had a cat that would do that.
Try placing a bowl of food in the area to discourage him from going there as it becomes habit.
Make sure the area is throughly cleaned with a good urine remover product.

AdorableMisfit Sun 19-Feb-17 09:55:05

Has he been neutered? Before ours was done, he used to pee on EVERYTHING, and was particularly fond of the PC speakers. We eventually had him neutered even though he was an indoor cat (he's not anymore, we moved to a more cat friendly location) because we couldn't cope with the peeing anymore. He stopped overnight.

If he HAS been neutered, I would suggest a trip to the vet to get him checked over. Ours only pees outside the tray now if there's something wrong.

thecatneuterer Sun 19-Feb-17 10:07:01

I have a cat that likes to pee on electric sockets. Cats do odd things.

NotYoda Mon 20-Feb-17 20:50:14

Yes, mine used to like peeing on cables at the back

alitee36 Mon 20-Feb-17 22:17:51

Sounds like it's just a weird cat-thing. He's neutered. Doesn't do it often & at least it's not on the electric socket which sounds a bit dangerous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now