Talk

Advanced search

What does my cat know that I don't?!

(17 Posts)
GimbleInTheWabe Sat 18-Feb-17 21:59:52

Either this cat is seeing things or she's afraid of blinking! She's been staring like this for the past 10 minutes. There's nothing on the ceiling and no reflecting light from a mirror or anything. It's kinda spooky!

cozietoesie Sat 18-Feb-17 22:04:58

Do you live in an old house? wink

Purplebluebird Sat 18-Feb-17 22:06:37

Omg she looks so much like my beloved and missed Toddy! But yeah, maybe there is a ghost spirit? Toddy used to go mental in a room in a very old loft flat we lived in. But only in the bedroom. I was so freaked out I actually put my double bed and slept in the kitchen/livingroom space, haha! She was much happier then.

VenusRising Sat 18-Feb-17 22:07:55

Cat nip torpor?

She's lovely!

gamerchick Sat 18-Feb-17 22:08:15

A cobweb? It's getting to that time they're making their presence felt.

Icequeen01 Sat 18-Feb-17 22:08:35

That is spooky! She definitely looks as though she's concentrating on something 👻 I hope you have someone there with you 😀 Beautiful cat by the way!

GimbleInTheWabe Sat 18-Feb-17 22:17:09

It's my parents house (and their kitty/my old kitty) and yes it is old! Although it's a very settled house and I've never had a spooky feeling here iyswim. Poor Lola just seemed transfixed by something... think I'll convince myself it was a cobweb so that I can sleep tonight!!

cozietoesie Sun 19-Feb-17 00:13:08

Definitely a cobweb. smile

YesItsMeIDontCare Sun 19-Feb-17 00:18:00

Looks like Leroy's face when he's overdone the Catnip.

I'm guessing teeny tiny whisp of cobweb, naked to the human eye (unless you're standing in exactly the right place with the right lighting) but unmissable and fascinating to furry felines.

Or a ghost.

cozietoesie Sun 19-Feb-17 00:20:50

Hush, Yes. (It's a wisp of cobweb.) grin

Weedsnseeds1 Sun 19-Feb-17 07:13:41

I think they just do it to creep you out, when they fancy a bit of human baiting....

Iris65 Sun 19-Feb-17 07:17:57

I agree with the 'things that cats do to freak you out' thory wink

GimbleInTheWabe Tue 21-Feb-17 00:03:36

Thought you'd all be pleased to know that I survived the night without being spooked by anything wink

YesItsMeIDontCare Tue 21-Feb-17 00:06:57

Ah. 'Twas a benign ghost cobweb then. Or your own spiritual projection.

grin

cozietoesie Tue 21-Feb-17 00:20:14

A cobweb then. wink

GimbleInTheWabe Tue 21-Feb-17 00:31:06

I just remembered that I was woken up at 1:30am by an alarm going off... for 15 minutes! And in the morning, when asked, no one else heard it. It was so loud I thought it was the burglar alarm but I think it may have been from the hospital opposite. Maybe it was an auditory hallucination (I think it's called exploding head syndrome?!) and the cat could hear it too earlier in the evening.
Or a cobweb. Was totally a cobweb.

cozietoesie Tue 21-Feb-17 09:40:06

If in doubt, Gimble, light a candle in the window for a little. That should sort the ........cobwebs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now