Talk

Advanced search

New kittens

(13 Posts)
bobdylannumber1 Wed 15-Feb-17 12:44:55

Saturday week we got a male and female kitten 5/6 months old, so Have been here 11 days the Friday after we got them we brought them both to the vet and had them neutered all went well I've kept them in since we got them they are in the living room kitchen and they have access to the litter in the utility room have their own bed but they are mostly sleeping on the sofa, the problem is the male cat isn't happy at all he's going round bawling up at window and wants to get out, I read to keep them in for 3 weeks I don't mind but he's not happy he got out this morning and made a run for it into neighbours garden wouldn't come back I had to get the treat bag then he came back and advise should I just let him out for little while??? Never had cats since I was a kid only dogs, no dogs here now only these two cats thanks

Wolfiefan Wed 15-Feb-17 12:46:19

They need to be kept in. Partly to slow them to settle but also until they are totally recovered from the op.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 15-Feb-17 14:17:12

The outside will still be there in 3 weeks.

I had to keep the Bengal in for three weeks when we moved.

OrraBoralis Thu 16-Feb-17 09:32:36

Since you have only had them a short while I would keep them in for a bit longer. They need to bond to your family, the house and the smells that make them know it is home.
They are still young and in 11 days they have gone to a new home and had an operation, they need, in my opinion, at least another month indoors to actually settle down.
After that then outdoors with supervision, don't let them bolt because they get scared and who knows where they might go.

bobdylannumber1 Thu 16-Feb-17 09:53:09

Thanks for replies I will keep them in for 3 weeks, we live near a busy road so I really don't want them going out the front of the house we've a large back garden and more scrub land (for want of a better word) so hopefully they'll head for the back of the house not the front when they do start exploring round the place.

YesItsMeIDontCare Thu 16-Feb-17 09:55:43

A new kitten thread without pictures? Not allowed OP, not allowed.

<taps foot impatiently>

grin

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 18-Feb-17 23:22:51

Ludercrous behavior, op. Starting a thread about tiny kittens. With no photos. For us to go gooey at
<Sternly points finger, looks disapprovingly and shakes head> Consider yourself told off. grin

Badcat666 Sun 19-Feb-17 11:45:31

Where are the picc?? We neeeeeed pics of ickle kittens (not that I'm broody...nopey nope nope)

BertieBotts Sun 19-Feb-17 16:57:53

You've got to keep them in. Watch out because they are totally crafty and will squeeze through the smallest gaps!

When you do let them out, let them out hungry, and let them out at the safest side of the house.

BertieBotts Sun 19-Feb-17 16:59:17

And make sure they are chipped! They are nothing like dogs and won't be motivated by treats. Though, apparently you can clicker train cats. I'm not really sure how successful it would be though.

creampinkrose Sun 19-Feb-17 17:00:38

I came on for photos too! grin

LynetteScavo Mon 20-Feb-17 07:05:38

I have nearly 5 month old kittens and they are no where near ready to go out. They are desperate, and I'm having to be very careful with doors and windows, but they are still like children --naughty toddlers destroying my house--: they may really, really want something, but it's not necessarily good for them.

I won't be letting mine out until the summer.

Bobbybobbins Mon 20-Feb-17 07:07:00

Yes photos please! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now